We are wrapping up STAMPtember today with the big finale, the always hugely popular Tim Holtz STAMPtember bundle!
I’ve linked all supplies with compensated affiliate links used where possible at no cost to you.
You’ll want to check Tim’s YouTube live for all the details. I don’t want to give too much away!
christmas red always looks stunning in coloured pencils
I stamped the cutest Father Christmas image from the stamp set in Versamark ink on Strathmore Toned Grey paper and then set to with my coloured pencils. I prefer the Faber Castell ones over the Prismacolor ones.
What I love about colouring red is you can go for some lovely deep shadows. I use dark brown or even black to really get those shadows as dark as possible.
Once I’d coloured the image, I went in with some details. I used white gouache to imitate snow, splattering it around and dabbing some on the top of the sack, hat, gloves and arm. I stamped the snowflake and stars images from the set around Santa to get a lovely snowy feel. I stamped them in Versamark ink, and then white heat embossed.
In previous years, I have found it helpful to put a summary of the STAMPtember events for reference. I will try to participate as much as possible, but I’m still not at full speed, so I will pop in during the month as best I can.
As I type this blog post, you’ll find that only the items with a link and the text in blue are still available. YOU CAN FIND ALL THE AVAILABLE SETS HERE.
- 01 September Simon Says Stamp Own Brand release
- 02 September treasure hunt blog party
- 03 September Heidi’s birthday!
- 04 September Lawn Fawn – sold out
- 05 September Picket Fence Studios – sold out
- 06 September Gina K stamp – sold out
- 07 September Art Impressions stamp set
- 08 September Rainbow Splash
- 09 September Alex Syberia stamp set (sold out) and stamp and die set
- 10 September Pink And Main – sold out
- 11 September Concord and 9th – sold out
- 12 September Whimsy Stamps stamp set -sold out
- 13 September Clearly Besotted – sold out, plus Memory Box – sold out
- 14 September Monthly Card Kit
- 15 September Mama Elephant stamp set and stamp and die set
- 16 September Riley And Company – sold out, Avery Elle – sold out, The Greeting Farm – sold out
- 17 September – Altenew stamp set and stamp set with matching dies
- 18 September Halloween Kit
- 19 September Brutus Munroe – sold out
- 20 September PinkFresh Studio – sold out
- 21 September Trinity Stamps – sold out, and also Waffle Flower stamp and stamp and die set (sold out)
- 22 September STAMPtember Kit
- 23 September Favorite Things stamp and stamp and die set, Hero Arts stamp and stamp and die set (sold out) and Pretty Pink Posh – sold out
- 24 September Dare 2B Artsy – sold out
- 25 September Colorado Craft Company – sold out
- 26 September Newton’s Nook stamp and stamp and die set and also La La Land stamp and stamp and die set
- 27 September Sweet and Sassy – sold out
- 28 September Paper Rose stamp and stamp and die set (sold out)
- 29 September Limited Edition Christmas Card Kit and also Papertrey Ink stamp and stamp and die set
- 30 September Tim Holtz STAMPtember 2023 bundle
You can find links to the supplies I’ve used below; click on the picture or shop icon to get taken directly to the product. Where available, I use compensated affiliate links, which means if you make a purchase, I receive a small commission at no extra cost to you. Thank you! A store or the manufacturer provides items marked with an asterisk (*). You can read my affiliate and product disclosure here. I genuinely appreciate your support.