I do love a themed month! Diecember celebrates die cuts in all their wonderful forms. One of the things I love about die-cuts is that they have an immediate wow factor and add lovely texture too. A good die-cut, in my opinion, can create magic simply by being cut from a white or ivory card. The die-cut holds the design of the card together, in particular when you have one where all the design has been done for you such as this Dancing Snowflakes die. I’ve linked all supplies with compensated affiliate links used where possible at no cost to you.
Check out all the new products in the Diecember Release! You don’t want to miss this!
SIMPLE WHITE DIE CUT OVER ICY TEXTURED BACKGROUND
STEP BY STEP HOW TO:
- Take a piece of watercolour card, spritz it with water and pounce into a puddle of Speckled Egg Distress Stain mixed with a bit of water. Keep pouncing the card into the puddle while at the same time drying the card too. This gives layers of tone on tone colour.
- When dry platter with left-over stain, white gouache and perfect pearls solution.
- Swipe Opaque Texture Paste through the Fading Tiny Dots stencil. Set aside to dry.
- Meanwhile, die cut the Dancing Snowflakes die from an ivory card.
- For the sentiment, take a Winter Flower image and stamp it in Versamark ink on Vellum, sprinkle with white embossing powder and heat set.
- Die cut the sentiment using a Mixed Labels die.
- Add tiny pieces of foam adhesive to the back of the die-cut and sentiment circle. In addition add foam tape to the back of the textured background.
- Add the background to a card base cut and scored from Ivory card. Add the snowflake die on top and finish off with the sentiment circle.
- Finish off with Enamel Dots and Sequins.
You can find links to the supplies I’ve used below; click on the picture or shop icon to get taken directly to the product. Where available I use compensated affiliate links which means if you make a purchase I receive a small commission at no extra cost to you. Thank you! Items marked with an asterisk (*) provided by a store or the manufacturer. You can read my affiliate and product disclosure here. I genuinely appreciate your support.
Summary of the project which gives all the views of the card in one photo :D I’d love if you pinned and called by on Pinterest :D