The just-released Kitchen Sink STAMPtember set, Ray Of Sunshine is perfect for experimenting with inks and the inks I was so desperate to try out – the new Simon Says Stamp dye inks! There’s so much going on today with it being Super Saturday – you’ll find the new STAMPtember sets from both Kitchen Sink and La-la Land Crafts – scroll down for more info. I’ve linked all supplies with compensated affiliate links used where possible at no cost to you.
TESTING OUT NEW INKS WITH LAYERED STAMPING
I have a blog post taking a closer look at the new inks amongst other essential craft supplies. You can find that post here. It was quite a change to take photographs in a light, bright airy style but the rainbow of supplies fit with that style.
The new inks come in trios of toning colourways to help with stamp sets just such as this where you want colours to work together. I did mix it up a bit by choosing two yellows from the Trio 3 inks (Lemonade and Sunbeam) and 1 from the Trio 4 (Grapefruit) – that darker pop of colour close to the flower centre helps bring these sunflowers to life. Another thing I did to mix things up a bit, was to miss out on the first layer of stamping using the Trio 2 set for a few of the leaves. The white highlights left, as a result, add that contrast here and there to keep things interesting.
As for the inks themselves, I love the labelling on the side to help when picking the colour you want, the new foam pad gave fabulous results on these solid stamps with just one impression – yes, a definite thumbs up from me.
Of course, while talking about the inks, let’s not forget the Kitchen Sink stamp set with these beautiful flowers and there’s also a butterfly combination to look out for too. I stamped three sunflowers and several leaves, trimmed them out although there are matching dies available, and then mounted them on a Detail Petal Slim Plate die cut from Ivory card. I tucked in a greeting from the Kitchen Sink set, stamped in Pearfection. I don’t often use colourful greetings but anything else just didn’t seem to fit with these lovely flowers.
On Super Saturday STAMPtember style you get two stamp sets released on one day! Kitchen Sink Stamps and La-La Land Crafts.
- 01 September – Simon Says Stamp Exclusives release
- 02 September – Blog Party
- 03 September – Pink Fresh stamp set and matching die – sold out
- 04 September – Lawn Fawn stamp and die set (out of stock) + Lawn Fawn stamp set
- 05 September – Memory Box stamp and die set (sold out) + Memory Box stamp set
- 06 September – Art Impressions Hug In A Mug Stamp Set
- 07 September – Altenew stamp and die set + Altenew stamp set
- 08 September – GinaK stamp and die set + GinaK stamp set
- 09 September – Reverse Confetti stamp and die set + Reverse Confetti stamp set
- 10 September – Mama Elephant stamp and die set + Mama Elephant stamp set
- 11 September – Kitchen Sink stamp and die set + Kitchen Sink stamp set + La-la Land Crafts stamp and die set + La-la Land Crafts stamp set
You can find links to the supplies I’ve used below; click on the picture or shop icon to get taken directly to the product. Where available I use compensated affiliate links which means if you make a purchase I receive a small commission at no extra cost to you. Thank you! Items marked with an asterisk (*) provided by a store or the manufacturer. You can read my affiliate and product disclosure here. I genuinely appreciate your support.
Summary of the project which gives all the views of the card in one photo :D I’d love if you pinned and called by on Pinterest :D