When I saw the new Delicate Outline Flowers set from Simon’s new Rainbows release I knew I had to paint it! My first thought was to heat emboss the design in Antique Gold Embossing powder and use the raised heat embossed lines to resist some quick and easy watercolouring. However, in the end, no-line watercolouring won as I felt this technique lets the gorgeous blooms shine. I’ve linked all supplies with compensated affiliate links used where possible at no cost to you.
Watch in HD on YouTube.
STEP BY STEP HOW TO
- Stamp the Simon Says Stamp Delicate Outline Flowers set using Spun Sugar and Bundled Sage Distress Markers on Fabriano Artistico Cold-Pressed watercolour card.
- Tape the card to a board with 3M Painter’s Tape to prevent warping.
- Watercolour. I used Daniel Smith paints.
- Splatter with White Gouache, left-over paint and Perfect Pearls.
- Trim the panel and adhere to a Fog card base with 3M Foam Tape.
- Trim two coordinating greetings from the Simon Says Stamp Sentiments Strips Reverse Wedding set and adhere with foam tape.
- Add a trio of Eggshell Pearls using Gina K connect glue to keep them in place.
You can find links to the supplies I’ve used below; click on the picture or shop icon to get taken directly to the product. Where available I use compensated affiliate links which means if you make a purchase I receive a small commission at no extra cost to you. Thank you! Items marked with an asterisk (*) provided by a store or the manufacturer. You can read my affiliate and product disclosure here. I genuinely appreciate your support.
Summary of the project which gives all the views of the card in one photo :D I’d love if you pinned and called by on Pinterest :D
Absolutely Stunning card!!!!
As always stunning colouring Debby!
Totally in love with this art work.
Thank you so much for sharing, stay safe and have a wonderful day.