WATERCOLOURED SIMPLE SCENE
STEP BY STEP HOW TO
- Stamp the larger cat from the Simon Says Stamp Happy Meowther’s Day set in Nocturne ink on masking paper and trim out.
- Stamp the larger cat again but this time on Fabriano watercolour card.
- Cover the image with the mask and then stamp the smaller cat just slightly higher than the larger cat so that it appears as if it is in front.
- Remove the mask and tape the card to a board. Watercolour. I used Daniel Smith paints.
- Splatter with white gouache and perfect pearls solution while the paint is wet for them to disperse slightly in the wet paint.
- Watercolour around the highlights with darker paint to emphasise them.
- When fully dry, splatter again with white gouache, perfect pearls and left-over paint.
- Cut apart a greeting from the Happy Meowther’s Day set and stamp on the Black card, treated with anti-static powder, with clear embossing ink and white heat emboss.
- Trim the sentiment to a skinny strip and also trim the watercoloured panel to be just smaller than an A2 card base.
- Cut and score an A2 card base from Neenah Desert Storm card in the 100lb weight for sturdiness.
- Add the watercoloured panel with foam tape and also the sentiment strip.
- Accent with Sea Breeze and Duck Egg Blue Nuvo droplets along with Eggshell Pearls.
You can find links to the supplies I’ve used below; click on the picture or shop icon to get taken directly to the product. Where available I use compensated affiliate links which means if you make a purchase I receive a small commission at no extra cost to you. Thank you! Items marked with an asterisk (*) provided by a store or the manufacturer. You can read my affiliate and product disclosure here. I genuinely appreciate your support.
Summary of the project which gives all the views of the card in one photo :D I’d love if you pinned and called by on Pinterest :D