I have a video to share today that I made for my Doodling With Debby series over at Simon Says Stamp. I’ve noted recently that simple projects are the most popular, so I made a simple handmade Valentine’s card, but this card could be used all year round. I’ve linked all supplies with compensated affiliate links used where possible at no cost to you.
SIMPLE VALENTINE’S CARD
STEP BY STEP HOW TO
- Cut a piece of Schoolhouse Red card to be slightly larger than the Boho Circle stencil.
- Apply anti-static powder over the card and then place the stencil on top, keeping it in place with masking tape.
- Brush clear embossing ink into the stencil openings.
- Sprinkle with clear embossing powder and heat set.
- Rub away the excess anti-static powder with a clean cloth.
- Brush Dark Chocolate ink around the edges of the panel.
- Cut the panel to be a little smaller than an A2 card base.
- Brush ink around the edges of the panel again.
- Splatter with gold paint.
- Die-cut the Love Birds die from Ivory card.
- Stamp the ‘I Love You’ sentiment from the Love Greetings Mix set in clear embossing ink and heat emboss with Antique Gold embossing powder.
- Trim the greeting with a scalpel and ruler.
- Add the panel to a Fog card base with foam tape. Use the foam tape to also add the greeting and die-cut love birds.
- Embellish with Autumn Mix sequins held in place with Gina K Connect Glue.
This card has a rich background panel with details from the Boho Circle stencil clear embossed on the red card. The clear embossing emphasises the stencil design, and because the embossing protects the card underneath, you can add ink over the top, and the red card beneath will shine through.
You can find links to the supplies I’ve used below; click on the picture or shop icon to get taken directly to the product. Where available I use compensated affiliate links which means if you make a purchase I receive a small commission at no extra cost to you. Thank you! Items marked with an asterisk (*) provided by a store or the manufacturer. You can read my affiliate and product disclosure here. I genuinely appreciate your support.
Summary of the project which gives all the views of the card in one photo :D I’d love if you pinned and called by on Pinterest :D