I love adding a few details to die-cuts. It doesn’t need to be much, a touch of glitter, ink blending, pen details etc. but it makes all the difference. Oh and today, I break out my Copic markers for the first time in forever! It was fun to change things up a little and work outside my comfort zone. Today’s post is part of a blog hop to celebrate the Diecember release from Simon Says Stamp. You’ll find all the blog hop details towards the end of this post if you scroll down. I’ve linked all supplies with compensated affiliate links used where possible at no cost to you.
DRESSING UP DIE-CUTS
STEP BY STEP HOW TO
- Blend Cotton Candy and Apricot inks over a piece of Neenah Solar White card.
- Splatter with Perfect Pearls solution and White Gouache.
- Die-cut the Chunky Hearts Panel from the ink blended piece.
- Rub Ranger Multi Medium Matte over the hearts and dunk in Tim Holtz Rock Candy glitter.
- Trim the panel to be just smaller than an A2 card base cut and scored from Neenah Solar White card.
- Attach the panel with Darice foam strips to the card base.
- Add foam squares to each heart opening and jigsaw back into place the die-cut hearts.
- Die-cut the Turtle Doves dies from Neenah Solar White card and colour with Copics.
- Add White Gel Pen details.
- Colour a piece of card with a red marker and die-cut with the Strips 2 dies.
- Stamp a greeting from the We Believe set in clear embossing ink and white heat emboss. Trim to a banner.
- Add the sentiment and doves with foam tape and the hearts with Ranger Multi Medium Matte.
As mentioned above, this post is part of a blog hop to celebrate the Simon Says Stamp Diecember release. Hopefully, you’ve arrived here from Simon’s blog but if not then that’s the best place to start. As with all good hops, there are offers and giveaways!
- Use the code JINGLE to snap up the American Crafts Christmas Tag Kit – offer expires 12/4 at 11:59 pm EST.
- Simon are giving away a $25 coupon to every stop on the hop. They’ll choose the winners over the weekend and post on the Simon Says Stamp blog on Wednesday, the 9th of December.
Now it’s time to hop on over to …
Simon Says Stamp Blog
You can find links to the supplies I’ve used below; click on the picture or shop icon to get taken directly to the product. Where available I use compensated affiliate links which means if you make a purchase I receive a small commission at no extra cost to you. Thank you! Items marked with an asterisk (*) provided by a store or the manufacturer. You can read my affiliate and product disclosure here. I genuinely appreciate your support.
Summary of the project which gives all the views of the card in one photo :D I’d love if you pinned and called by on Pinterest :D