It’s Diecember! And I have a die-cut floral focal point video to share today as well as a look at what’s new in the Diecember release from Simon Says Stamp. You can’t beat the dimension you get with die-cuts! I’ve linked all supplies with compensated affiliate links used where possible at no cost to you.
Here’s a look at what is included in the Diecember new release from Simon Says Stamp.
DIE CUT FLOWER HANDMADE CARD
STEP BY STEP HOW TO
- Spritz Dried Marigold Distress Oxide spray on to a craft mat, spritz with water and dip a piece of Fabriano Artistico Extra-White Cold-Pressed watercolour card into the colourful puddle.
- Keep a heat gun going all the time and partially dry the panel while dipping into the inky puddle.
- Repeat the process with Wild Honey and then Crackling Campfire. Set aside to dry.
- On a half sheet of card, repeat the process with Scattered Straw, Vintage Photo and then Walnut Stain. Set aside to dry.
- On another half sheet of card, repeat the process with Rustic Wilderness and Evergreen Bough.
- On the yellow and orange piece, stamp the Sketchy Lines Background in clear embossing ink and heat emboss with Clear Embossing Powder.
- Splatter all three pieces with a solution of Perfect Pearls, white gouache and also Distress Oxide Sprays previously used. Set aside to dry.
- Die-cut the petals from the Sunflower Petals set from the yellow panel, the flower centres from the brown panel and then the Detailed Rose leaves dies from the green panel.
- Construct the flower by adding Gina K glue runner to the back of the large flower centre and adding the petals randomly around the edge.
- Add more adhesive and foam tape as required. Add two smaller centre pieces with foam tape.
- Take another sheet of watercolour card and repeat the inky process with Antique Linen Distress ink pad.
- Ink the Old Letter background stamp with Antique Linen and partially stamp along the left side.
- Splatter with Perfect Pearls solution and set aside to dry.
- Add the flower with foam tape to the lower left corner of the background panel. Add the leaves with more foam tape.
- Die cut the Hello die from glitter card and attach to the panel with foam tape.
- Stamp a greeting from the Clean Line Gratitude set in clear embossing ink on a scrap of the brown inky card and white heat emboss. Trim to a skinny strip and add under the glitter hello with foam tape.
- Trim the panel to be 4.5 x 6.5 inches and foam mount onto a 5 x 7 inch card base cut and scored from Neenah Desert Storm card.
- Embellish the flower with Nuvo Golden Ovals and the background with Spring Green sequins and Eggshell Pearls all held in place with Gina K Connect Glue.
You can find links to the supplies I’ve used below; click on the picture or shop icon to get taken directly to the product. Where available I use compensated affiliate links which means if you make a purchase I receive a small commission at no extra cost to you. Thank you! Items marked with an asterisk (*) provided by a store or the manufacturer. You can read my affiliate and product disclosure here. I genuinely appreciate your support.
Summary of the project which gives all the views of the card in one photo :D I’d love if you pinned and called by on Pinterest :D