Today’s video is all about a simple watercoloured focal point and lots of breathing space around it. I used the Joyful Season stamp set from Simon Says Stamp which is included in their December Card Kit. As I write this there are still kits available and at the start of the video below I take a look at what is in the kit. However, many of the supplies are available separately, including the Joyful Season set. I’ve linked all supplies with compensated affiliate links used where possible at no cost to you.
STEP BY STEP HOW TO
- Stamp the mistletoe image from the Joyful Season set in Antique Linen Distress Ink on Fabriano Watercoloured Card.
- Watercolour – I used Daniel Smith paints, in particular Undersea Green and Pyrrol Crimson.
- Paint a loose wash around the the mistletoe.
- Splatter with White Gouache, Perfect Pearls Solution and left-over paint.
- Cut a strip of Simple Stories patterned paper and blending lightly, rub Antique Linen ink over it to turn the white stripes creamy and tone with the watercolour card.
- Stamp a greeting from the Joyful Season set in clear embossing ink on a Black card and white heat emboss before trimming to a skinny banner.
- Add the paper strip to a Neenah Desert Storm card base with Scor-tape.
- Add the watercoloured panel over the top with foam adhesive.
- Add the sentiment strip using a T-square ruler to aid with putting it on straight.
- Embellish with Eggshell Pearls kept in place with Gina K Connect glue.
You can find links to the supplies I’ve used below; click on the picture or shop icon to get taken directly to the product. Where available I use compensated affiliate links which means if you make a purchase I receive a small commission at no extra cost to you. Thank you! Items marked with an asterisk (*) provided by a store or the manufacturer. You can read my affiliate and product disclosure here. I genuinely appreciate your support.
Summary of the project which gives all the views of the card in one photo :D I’d love if you pinned and called by on Pinterest.