It’s the time of year to ramp up the Holiday card making and today I have a video for an easy embossing folder Christmas card just perfect for the job in hand. As part of their new Holly Jolly release, Simon Says Stamp has bought out a range of 3D embossing folders. Embossing folders have been around for a while, but the fresh designs of these 3D folders bring them new life. I’ve linked all supplies with compensated affiliate links used where possible at no cost to you.
Watch below or in HD on YouTube.
SIMON SAYS STAMP HOLLY JOLLY RELEASE
Here’s a look at the whole of the Holly Jolly release from Simon. You’ll see some of the release highlighted in my walkthrough at the beginning of the video above.
STEP BY STEP HOW TO
- Align a piece of Tim Holtz watercolour card in the Forest Border Embossing Folder.
- Swipe Winter Sky ink over the top two-thirds of the flat side of the embossing folder.
- Run through a die cutting machine. I use the Gemini Junior.
- Splatter with white gouache.
- Trim to fit an A2 card base cut and scored from Schoolhouse Red card.
- Trim a greeting from the Slimline Christmas Sentiment Strips set and add with foam adhesive.
- Accent with Duck Egg Nuvo droplets.
You can find links to the supplies I’ve used below; click on the picture or shop icon to get taken directly to the product. Where available I use compensated affiliate links which means if you make a purchase I receive a small commission at no extra cost to you. Thank you! Items marked with an asterisk (*) provided by a store or the manufacturer. You can read my affiliate and product disclosure here. I genuinely appreciate your support.
Summary of the project which gives all the views of the card in one photo :D I’d love if you pinned and called by on Pinterest :D