Hi, today I have a video to share playing with mixed media to create a Christmas Card with lots of texture and dimension. The products used were part of a Limited Edition Card Kit from Simon Says Stamp that flew off the shelves and is sold out. However, as with many of these kits, the products are available individually. From the kit (and linked below in the thumbnails) I used the Fanciful Snowflake Dies, Large Dots Stencil, Neighbourhood Dies, We Believe stamp set, Gina K Blender Brush and a dash of Doodlebug patterned paper. I’ve linked all supplies with compensated affiliate links used where possible at no cost to you.
STEP BY STEP HOW TO
- Spritz Speckled Egg Distress Spray Stain onto a work surface and add a little water. Dip a piece of Fabriano Artistico watercolour card into the colour and dry a little with a heat tool.
- Repeat the process of dipping and drying. Bring in Speckled Egg Distress Oxide Spray too and carry on dipping and drying.
- Splatter with a solution of Perfect Pearls.
- Swipe Crackle Distress Texture Paste through the Large Dots stencil with a palette knife and leave to dry and crackle.
- Die cut Fanciful Snowflake dies from watercolour card. Use A Tool ‘N One to get all the little pieces out.
- Rub the snowflakes with Ranger Multi Medium Matte and dip into Rock Candy glitter.
- Die Cut the Neighbourhood die from watercolour card and lightly watercolour. I used Daniel Smith paints.
- Rub Ranger Multi Medium Matte over the edges and roof tops and dip into glitter.
- Splatter the background panel with white gouache.
- Die cut a Layered Hills die from watercolour card and add glitter as before.
- Add foam tape to the back of the slope and attach the houses and trees from the painted Neighbourhood dies.
- Add Ranger Multi Medium Matte to the centres of the snowflakes and adhere to the card front.
- Stamp a greeting from the We Believe set in clear embossing ink on Black card and white heat emboss before trimming to a skinny banner and adding to the card with foam tape.
- Add foam tape to the back of the panel and adhere to a card base cut and scored from Neenah Desert Storm card.
- Embellish with Eggshell pearls kept in place with Gina K Connect glue.
- Cut a strip of Doodlebug patterned paper and blend Antique Linen Distress Ink lightly over the top. Cut at an angle and add tucked under the black sentiment strip.
You can find links to the supplies I’ve used below; click on the picture or shop icon to get taken directly to the product. Where available I use compensated affiliate links which means if you make a purchase I receive a small commission at no extra cost to you. Thank you! Items marked with an asterisk (*) provided by a store or the manufacturer. You can read my affiliate and product disclosure here. I genuinely appreciate your support.
Summary of the project which gives all the views of the card in one photo :D I’d love if you pinned and called by on Pinterest.