For today’s card, I’m making it up as I go along to create this autumnal watercoloured card! Sometimes, I just like to pick up a stamp set and see where I end up while letting things work themselves out along the way. I’m using the Big Thanks Autumn set which was originally released as part of the November Card Kit. In the video, I show you what was in that kit. As I write this, there are still kits available, and you can get the stamp set separately. However, also see below where I show you what is in the newly released today December Card Kit! I’ve linked all supplies with compensated affiliate links used where possible at no cost to you.
Watch below or in HD on YouTube.
MAKING IT UP AS I GO ALONG!
Pin it for later! And join me on Pinterest.
- Simon Says Stamp Big Thanks Autumn stamp set
- Simon Says Stamp Antique Gold Embossing Powder
- Versamark ink
- Watercolours. I used Daniel Smith Paints
STEP BY STEP HOW TO
- Stamp the images from the Big Thanks Autumn set in Versamark ink on Fabriano watercolour card and heat emboss with Antique Gold embossing powder.
- Watercolour. I used Daniel Smith paints and round, synthetic, size 2 paintbrushes.
- Using a pair of Cutter Bee scissors, cut out fussy cut all the images.
- Add foam tape to the back and apply to an Ivory panel.
- Splatter with Perfect Pearls solution, white gouache and gold paint.
- Stamp the large Thanks greeting from the Big Thanks Autumn set in Versamark ink on Ivory card and heat emboss with Antique Gold embossing powder.
- Trim the letters and add Darice foam strips to the back.
- Stamp a companion greeting from the set in Versamark on Dark Chocolate card and heat emboss with Antique Gold embossing powder, trim to a skinny banner and add Darice foam strips to the back.
- Arrange the letters over the flowers with the aid of a T-square ruler.
- Add the Ivory panel to a card base cut and scored from Dark Chocolate card.
- Embellish with Autumn sequins with the aid of a Marvy jewel picker and adhere with Gina K Connect glue.
There was a lot of fussy cutting on this card. I have had a pair of Cutter Bee scissors forever, and they are the ones I turn to every time I have fussy cutting to do. A newer tool to me is the Marvy Jewel Picker tool that you will see in action when I’m adding the sequins to this card. It’s a game-changer for handling teeny tiny sequins and jewels etc.
Here’s a closer look at what is in the December Card Kit. Many of these items are available separately too for when the card kit sells out.
- Simon Says Stamp 6×8 stamp set Joyful Season
- Simple Stories 6×8 Paper – Simple Vintage North Pole
- Simon Says Stamp Candy Cane Heart Dies
- Idea-ology Velvet Trims
- Ranger Mini Glossy Accents
- Carta Bella Dear Santa Ephemera
- Neenah White 80lb. Cardstock
- Simon Says Stamp Midnight-Green Card
- Simon Says Stamp Lipstick Red Cardstock
- Simon Says Stamp White A2 Envelope
- Simon Says Stamp Metallic Schoolhouse Red A2 Envelope
- Simon Says Stamp Metallic Khaki A2 Envelope
- Tim Holtz Rustic Wilderness Mini Distress Ink Cube
You can find links to the supplies I’ve used below; click on the picture or shop icon to get taken directly to the product. Where available I use compensated affiliate links which means if you make a purchase I receive a small commission at no extra cost to you. Thank you! Items marked with an asterisk (*) provided by a store or the manufacturer. You can read my affiliate and product disclosure here. I genuinely appreciate your support.
Summary of the project which gives all the views of the card in one photo :D I’d love if you pinned and called by on Pinterest :D