One inexpensive embossing folder, a couple of pieces of thick card and a few ink pads and you have a card set with a matching folder to gift at Christmas! I don’t know about you, but as a card maker, I often get asked by friends and family for cards. A simple gift such as this card set would set someone up with a few card-giving occasions! Using the Peony Bundle embossing folder, I made three cards, a general friendship card, a birthday card, and a sympathy card and the folder to keep them in. Oh and check out the Black Friday deals below! I’ve linked all supplies with compensated affiliate links used where possible at no cost to you.
Watch below or in HD on YouTube.
How To Make A Handmade Card Set For Christmas Gifts
Pin it for later! And join me on Pinterest.
- Simon Says Stamp Peony Bundle Embossing Folder
- Simon Says Stamp Extra Thick 130lb Card
- Distress Oxides – Old Paper, Evergreen Bough and Black Soot
- Simon Says Stamp White Pigment Ink
STEP BY STEP HOW TO
- Cut 5 pieces of Extra Thick White card into A2 sized pieces.
- Blend with a gradient of Distress Oxides – Old Paper, Evergreen Bough and Black Soot.
- Emboss with the Peony Bundle Embossing Folder.
- Rub/blend White Pigment Ink over the raised design of the embossing folder.
- Splatter with White Gouache, Black paint and water.
- Run the pieces through with the Peony Bundle embossing folder again to bring back the design which may have been smoothed out during the addition of white pigment ink.
- Trim 3 of the 5 pieces to fit an A2 card and adhere with Scor-tape to white card bases.
- Trim greetings from the Reverse Happy, All Things Happy and Reverse Sympathy sentiment strip sets and adhere with narrow Scor-tape.
- Pair the three cards with Black envelopes.
- For the folder to hold the card sets, Trim a piece of Extra Thick card to be 7 inches by 11 inches. Later on, I trimmed a little excess off this size.
- Score along the long edge at 5 ⅜ ” and 5 ⅝ ” to form the spine of the folder.
- Trim a piece of card to 5 ½ ” by 3 ½ ” and score ¼ ” and ½ ” from the edges of three sides.
- Trim the lower corners, leaving a flap to reinforce the corner as the pocket is formed (see video).
- Adhere the pocket to the folder with Scor-tape.
- Take the 4th piece and mat onto a Black card. Adhere to the front of the folder and add a sentiment cut from the Reverse Sympathy set.
- Take the 5th piece and cut to fit the pocket. Adhere with Scor-Tape.
- Add Julie Hickey Stormy Skies white and black glossies to all three cards, the front of the folder and the front of the pocket.
15% off sitewide at Simon Says Stamp with code SVBF27 at checkout! Stock up on all those essentials now … envelopes, cardstock, adhesives …
As I type this, there are a few popular Crafty Parcels left but better be quick with this one!
You can find links to the supplies I’ve used below; click on the picture or shop icon to get taken directly to the product. Where available I use compensated affiliate links which means if you make a purchase I receive a small commission at no extra cost to you. Thank you! Items marked with an asterisk (*) provided by a store or the manufacturer. You can read my affiliate and product disclosure here. I genuinely appreciate your support.
Summary of the project which gives all the views of the card in one photo :D I’d love if you pinned and called by on Pinterest :D