Today, I’m sharing a video I created for my Doodling With Debby series for Simon Says Stamp. In this month’s video, I’m taking a very rough sketch, filling it out into a plan and taking it to a finished card using the Christmas Kitties set. I’ve linked all supplies with compensated affiliate links used where possible at no cost to you.
Watch below or in HD on YouTube.
FROM SKETCH TO FINISHED CARD
Pin it for later! And join me on Pinterest.
STEP BY STEP HOW TO
- Create a rough sketch in a notebook/on the corner of a piece of paper/whatever is to hand at the time.
- Cut a piece of scratch paper to size and expand the sketch. Planning out in pencil and a light ink the placement of elements.
- Cut a piece of watercolour card to size and pencil a border around the edges.
- Stack the plan on top of the card and place in a Misti.
- Align the Christmas Kitties stamp according to the sketch. Lift the sketch paper and stamp the cat in Antique Linen Distress Ink.
- Use a Nested Circle die to draw in pencil a crescent moon according to the placement planned out in the sketch.
- Tape the card to a board and fully cover the wide border.
- Watercolour. I used Daniel Smith paints.
- Lift the Painter’s Tape and place the card back in the Misti.
- Treat with Anti-Static Powder and stamp a Christmas Kitties greeting in Versamark ink before heat embossing Simon Says Stamp White Embossing Powder.
- If the edges of the paint have bled, trim the panel and attach to another piece of watercolour card with foam tape.
- Use a Faber Castell Polychromo pencil to deepen the shadows.
- Use white gouache and a paintbrush to add stars randomly over the background.
- Attach the panel to a card base cut and scored from Ivory card.
There’s still a couple of days left on this offer that dropped into my inbox so I thought I’d share with you!
You can find links to the supplies I’ve used below; click on the picture or shop icon to get taken directly to the product. Where available I use compensated affiliate links which means if you make a purchase I receive a small commission at no extra cost to you. Thank you! Items marked with an asterisk (*) provided by a store or the manufacturer. You can read my affiliate and product disclosure here. I genuinely appreciate your support.
Pin for future reference and I’d love if you pinned and called by on Pinterest :D