If you’ve been around here for a while, you know I love the classic look and kraft, gold and white tags on a white gift are a perfect example. In today’s video, I’m taking a look at the new Limited Edition Holiday Tag kit and creating two tags using the kit contents. I have to say, these two tags only scratch the surface of what this kit has to offer. I think you could easily make 200 tags from it! There are papers with perfect tag images (144 of those within the paper pages), Tim Holtz sticker tags (19 tag shapes plus lots of add on stickers and sentiment strips), Tim Holtz Vellum Scenes (18 of those), 28 pre-cut tags …. by my calculations that’s over 200 and I’ve only just started thinking of the possibilities. I’ve linked all supplies with compensated affiliate links used where possible at no cost to you.
Watch below or in HD on YouTube.
- NEW and EXCLUSIVE Joy For You 6×8 inch stamp set
- NEW and EXCLUSIVE Holiday Greenery Embossing Folder
- NEW and EXCLUSIVE Christmas Tree Tag and Outline Die
- Authentique CHRISTMAS GREETINGS 6 x 6 Inch Paper (1 of each design)
- Tags – Manila 1.38″ x 2.75″ (size 1 tag) x 2 per kit
- Tags – Red 1.38″ x 2.75″ (size 1 tag) x 1 per kit
- Tim Holtz Vellum Scenes Christmas
- Tim Holtz Sticker Book Christmas
- BLACK TAGS 10 Pack bt001 (size 5 tags) x 2 per kit
- kraft size #2 (1.625 x 3.25) x 6 per kit
- white size #2 (1.625 x 3.25) x 6 per kit
- kraft size #5 (4.75 x 2.38) x 6 per kit
- white size #8 (3.125 x 6.25) x 6 per kit
- 2 rolls (random assortment) of washi from my mind’s eye yuletide pack
- 1 Darice sisal wreath per kit
- Ranger Stickles Joyful Glitter Glue
- 1 yard of May Arts Natural Jute per kit
- 1 sheet Simon Says Stamp Soft Navy Card
- 1 sheet Simon Says Stamp Schoolhouse Red Card
- 1 sheet Simon Says Stamp Green Leaf Card
- 1 sheet Simon Says Stamp Khaki Woodgrain card
CLASSIC CHRISTMAS GIFT TAGS
STEP BY STEP HOW TO
- Stamp in clear embossing ink the lettering background from the Joy For You set on a kraft tag treated with anti-static powder and heat emboss with White Embossing Powder.
- Stamp the “A Gift For You” greeting in clear embossing ink on vellum treated with anti-static powder and heat emboss with Antique Gold Embossing Powder.
- Align the vellum over the tag, flip over and draw around the tag on to the vellum with a pencil. Trim around the edges with a craft knife and ruler.
- Die cut a scallop border on glitter card using a Slimline Borders and Edges die. Trim the glitter card to top the tag.
- Use a pencil to trace where the holes need to be on the vellum and glitter card and use a hole punch to punch out the circles.
- Die cut a hole reinforcer from Ivory card with a Stitched Dress Up Tags die.
- Attach the vellum and glitter card to the tag with Gina K glue runner. Attach the hole reinforcer with Gina K Connect Glue.
- Stamp a coordinating greeting from the Joy For You set in clear embossing ink on Ivory card treated with anti-static powder and heat emboss with Antique Gold Embossing Powder before trimming to a skinny banner and adding to the tag with foam tape.
- Thread the tag with May Arts twine.
- Splatter with White Gouache.
- Repeat these steps for a second tag using different images from the Joy For You set.
You can find links to the supplies I’ve used below; click on the picture or shop icon to get taken directly to the product. Where available I use compensated affiliate links which means if you make a purchase I receive a small commission at no extra cost to you. Thank you! Items marked with an asterisk (*) provided by a store or the manufacturer. You can read my affiliate and product disclosure here. I genuinely appreciate your support.
Summary of the project which gives all the views of the card in one photo :D I’d love if you pinned and called by on Pinterest :D
Fantastic tags. Thank you.
Lovely tags. You always add perfect details to your projects and classic look is wonderful.