It’s time to hit the Christmas crafting full on and the new Make Merry release from Simon Says Stamp is here to help. As soon as I saw the elegance of the Center Cut Holiday Floral set I was happily reaching for my watercolours! I’ve linked all supplies with compensated affiliate links used where possible at no cost to you.
Here’s a closer look at the new Make Merry release from Simon Says Stamp.
STEP BY STEP HOW TO
- On Fabriano Cold Pressed watercolour card, stamp the Center Cut Holiday Floral in Versamark ink, sprinkled with Antique Gold embossing powder and heat set.
- Watercolour – I used Daniel Smith paints but use whatever you have to hand. The embossed lines make to easy watercolouring – aim for highlights and shadows within your painting.
- Deepen the shadows with Faber Castell Polychromo pencils.
- Splatter with leftover paint, gold paint, white gouache and Liquid Pixie Dust.
- Trim the panel into a square and add to a Neenah Desert Storm card with foam tape.
- Remove the central circular piece of the stamp and stamp on Ivory card with Versamark ink and again heat emboss with Antique Gold powder.
- Die-cut the centrepiece with a Nested Circle die and add to the card with foam tape.
- Add Glossy Accents to the berries, gold shimmer pen to the flower centres and accent with Eggshell pearls.
You can find links to the supplies I’ve used below; click on the picture or shop icon to get taken directly to the product. Where available I use compensated affiliate links which means if you make a purchase I receive a small commission at no extra cost to you. Thank you! Items marked with an asterisk (*) provided by a store or the manufacturer. You can read my affiliate and product disclosure here. I genuinely appreciate your support.
Summary of the project which gives all the views of the card in one photo :D I’d love if you pinned and called by on Pinterest :D