Today, I’m sharing a video I created for my Doodling With Debby series for Simon Says Stamp. This card has a little winter scene with watercolouring and ink blending using the Santa’s Sleigh Ride Slider set from Simon Says Stamp. I’ve linked all supplies with compensated affiliate links used where possible at no cost to you.
Watch below or in HD over at YouTube.
This is a card of two parts, a busy ink blended sky and then a calm watercoloured scene.
- Simon Says Stamp Santa’s Sleigh Ride
- Simon Says Stamp Large Falling Snow Slimline Stencil
- Distress Inks & watercolours.
STEP BY STEP HOW TO
- Stamp the winter scene from the Santa’s Sleigh Ride Slider set in Versafine Clair Nocturne ink on watercolour card.
- Stamp the scene again on Simon Says Stamp masking paper, trim out and lay over the one on the watercoloured card.
- Blend Distress Inks over the sky – Spun Sugar, Wilted Violet, Weathered Wood, Hickory Smoke, Stormy Sky and Black Soot.
- Splatter the sky with white gouache and leftover paint.
- Swipe Wendy Vecchi White Embossing Paste through the Large Falling Snow Slimline stencil.
- Lift the mask and watercolour the winter scene. I used Daniel Smith paints.
- Trim the watercoloured panel to fit an Ivory A2 card base and attach with foam adhesive.
- Stamp a greeting from the CZ Design Good Cheer set in Versamark Ink on Black card and white heat emboss.
- Trim the sentiment to a skinny banner and add with foam adhesive.
You can find links to the supplies I’ve used below; click on the picture or shop icon to get taken directly to the product. Where available I use compensated affiliate links which means if you make a purchase I receive a small commission at no extra cost to you. Thank you! Items marked with an asterisk (*) provided by a store or the manufacturer. You can read my affiliate and product disclosure here. I genuinely appreciate your support.
Summary of the project which gives all the views of the card in one photo :D I’d love if you pinned and called by on Pinterest :D