Today, I have a video! I know, they are few and far between and I know a lot of people prefer to see how things are made rather than just the photos of the finished results. I am trying to fit in the time to make more videos and I guess we will see how that goes! I think if I made more videos my processes would speed up as I became more accustomed to filming. For me, one of the issues I have is that as soon as the camera turns on my creativity shrinks back in shock LOL. Hopefully, as I record more I’ll become more relaxed too. Anyway, I’m rambling today, here’s my card using the Falling Leaves Laying stencil from Simon Says Stamp. I’ve linked all supplies with compensated affiliate links used where possible at no cost to you.
Watch below or in HD on YouTube.
STEP BY STEP HOW TO
- Cut a piece of Arches Hot-Pressed watercolour card to 6 x 6-inches.
- Tap the first layer of the Falling Leaves Layering Stencils to the bottom left corner of the watercolour card.
- Use a blending brush to blend Distress Inks through the stencil – see the supplies list at the bottom of this post for the colours I used.
- Repeat for the other three stencils.
- Spritz with water and add watercolour paints for extra depth and drama.
- Spritz again and then splatter with a solution of Perfect Pearls, White Gouache and left-over paint.
- When dry, die-cut the panel with a Basic Rectangle die.
- Die-cut the Thankful For You banner from more watercolour card, add foam adhesive and back with a piece of Burnt Orange card.
- Add the sentiment panel to the card with foam tape and then add the panel to a card base cut and scored from Neenah Desert Storm card.
- With an old paintbrush, apply Distress Collage Medium Matte randomly over the leaves and sprinkle with Distress Mica Flakes.
- Accent with Eggshell pearls kept in place with GinaK Connect glue.
You can find links to the supplies I’ve used below; click on the picture or shop icon to get taken directly to the product. Where available I use compensated affiliate links which means if you make a purchase I receive a small commission at no extra cost to you. Thank you! Items marked with an asterisk (*) provided by a store or the manufacturer. You can read my affiliate and product disclosure here. I genuinely appreciate your support.
Summary of the project which gives all the views of the card in one photo :D I’d love if you pinned and called by on Pinterest :D