Before I get into today’s post, I want to let you know there is a blog hop with a giveaway which you will find the details of below.
I must admit I was deeply moved when Colorado Craft Company asked me to showcase their new release this month. The Guess How Much I Love You book (USA/UK) written by Sam McBratney and illustrated by Anita Jeram was the book I sat and read to my children over and over and over and over again! This book embodies to me the time spent with my children curled up reading to them when they could still fit on my knee and I was delighted to accept, particularly hearing a sequel to the book, Will You Be My Friend (USA/UK), was to be released. It is a tragedy to hear that Sam McBratney, the author, passed away just two weeks before the launch of this second book. The fact that his words, written over 25 years ago, still resonate with children and adults alike is testament to the book’s sweet message. I’ve linked all supplies with compensated affiliate links used where possible at no cost to you.
Sam’s words spoke volumes, but their impact was never a solo show being paired with Anita Jeram’s beautiful illustrations. Anita’s style has a sweetness and stunning simplicity that anyone who has tried their hand at drawing knows is so hard to achieve. I am so excited to see this collaboration with Colorado Crafts, bringing Anita’s hand to the desks of those who struggle to draw! For my cards, I wanted to capture Anita’s style, and one of the great things about the collaboration with Colorado Crafts is that the packaging has examples of the original illustrations printed on the back – perfect! I kept my cards super simple, no accents or anything just ink and paint, and as I painted Anita’s illustrations, I could hear Sam’s words in my head.
“I love you to the moon,” said the Little Nutbrown Hare.
“Oh, that’s far,” said the Big Nutbrown Hare. “That is very, very far.” Big Nutbrown Hare settled Little Nutbrown Hare into his bed of leaves.
He leaned over and kissed him goodnight. Then he lay down close by and whispered with a smile, “I love you to the moon and back.”
- Colorado Craft Company Snow Happy
- Colorado Craft Company Birthday Wishing
- Colorado Craft Company Kittens & Mittens
STEP BY STEP HOW TO
- Stamp the images from the Snow Happy, Birthday Wishing and Kittens & Mittens sets in Nocturne ink on Fabriano Artistico Extra White Cold-Pressed watercolour card. Use a black waterproof pen to extend horizons or add ground details and then and lightly watercolour in the style of Anita Jeram’s beautiful illustrations. I used Daniel Smith paints.
- Add white gouache splatter around the deer card and white Posca pen details to the snowy sky behind the kittens.
- Trim to fit onto A2 Neenah Desert Storm card bases and add with foam adhesive.
COLORADO CRAFTS ANITA JERAM RELEASE
I debated whether to put a set of links for the full release. However, So many of these cute images are dear to my heart that I thought you might like to see them. Please note, virtually all these sets also come with dies. Just look at the Christmas Tree Cat set for all you cat lovers! And the tag image in that set looks great too when it comes with a matching die. Oh and there’s a cute enamel pin too for you pin collectors out there!
BLOG HOP + GIVEAWAY
As mentioned above, today there’s a hop to celebrate the new Colorado Crafts release. Hopefully, you have arrived here from Daniel West’s blog but if not then Adrienne Kennedy’s blog is a good place to start. As with all good hops, there’s a giveaway!
- I will choose a winner from the comments left on this blog post. The winner will receive a $35 gift certificate to Colorado Crafts to purchase whatever they would like! Please leave comments for the giveaway by Sunday 04 October 11.59 pm EST and I will announce the winner on Monday 05 October.
Now it’s time to hop on over to:
You can find links to the supplies I’ve used below; click on the picture or shop icon to get taken directly to the product. Where available I use compensated affiliate links which means if you make a purchase I receive a small commission at no extra cost to you. Thank you! Items marked with an asterisk (*) provided by a store or the manufacturer. You can read my affiliate and product disclosure here. I genuinely appreciate your support.
Summary of the project which gives all the views of the card in one photo :D I’d love if you pinned and called by on Pinterest :D