I have a video today! I know few and far between, but I couldn’t resist sharing with you the Paper Rose set for STAMPtember from Simon Says Stamp. My recommendation? These will sell out super quick! I’ve linked all supplies with compensated affiliate links used where possible at no cost to you.
PAPER ROSE STAMPTEMBER
The Paper Rose, Long Stem Flowers set is a large 6×8 inch set with a range of beautiful poppy style flowers and leaves and a couple of sentiments too. The STAMPtember collaborations are selling out super quick this year and as these are limited edition, this is your only chance to get them. I think it is 2020 having an effect, we’ve turned to our creativity to help us get through this year and as such are snapping up the new sets.
Watch below or in HD on YouTube.
STEP BY STEP HOW TO
- On a piece of watercolour card stamp the flower and bud from the Long Stem Flowers set in Tattered Rose Distress Ink and the leaves in Shabby Shutters Distress ink.
- Watercolour – I used Daniel Smith paints. Please see the video for more details
- Splatter with leftover paint, white gouache and perfect pearls. I often get asked how to splatter so I show this in the video.
- Deepen shadows with Faber Castell Polychromos coloured pencils.
- Stamp a sentiment from the Long Stem Flowers set in Versafine Onyx Black ink.
- Trim the panel to fit an A2 card base cut and scored from Neenah Desert Storm card and attach with foam tape.
- Accent with pearls using a gem picker tool to help and keep in place with Gina K Connect glue.
Here’s what has been happening for STAMPtember so far! As you can see, these limited editions, exclusive collaboration releases are selling out fast. Sometimes in a matter of hours! So if you see something you like then I’d recommend you don’t hang about.
You can find links to the supplies I’ve used below; click on the picture or shop icon to get taken directly to the product. Where available I use compensated affiliate links which means if you make a purchase I receive a small commission at no extra cost to you. Thank you! Items marked with an asterisk (*) provided by a store or the manufacturer. You can read my affiliate and product disclosure here. I genuinely appreciate your support.
Summary of the project which gives all the views of the card in one photo :D I’d love if you pinned and called by on Pinterest :D
Beautiful! So enjoy your videos! Thank you for sharing!
This card is simply AMAZING! I love the light you put on the petals and the way you blend colors with water so naturally…
All your videos are so precious, thank you for sharing your wonderful watercoloring technique.
What watercolor brush are you using. ? Are you happy with it?
Hi Carmen, I’d recommend Escoda Versatil and if you like the silver handle, that’s the travel brush. Size 2 and 4 would be good sizes for cardmaking :D