I find a slimline card elegant, and the format leaves room to play around with white space and spacing of elements. The new Slimline Nested Rectangles Dies from Simon Says Stamp along with the slimline envelopes makes things so easy to create slimline cards perfect for the upcoming holiday season. I’ve linked all supplies with compensated affiliate links used where possible at no cost to you.
SLIMLINE STAMPED CHRISTMAS
STEP BY STEP HOW TO
- Using a stamp positioner such as a Misti, stamp the large snowy backdrop piece from the Slimline Scene Builder Christmas set in Sea Glass ink on Neenah Solar White card
- Stamp the image again using Winter Sky ink but this time keep the ink to the top two thirds.
- Stamp the image again using Soft Navy ink but this time keep the ink to the top third.
- Stamp the very top of the image again using Intense Black ink.
- Using Versafine Onyx Black Ink, stamp the two trees along the horizon line.
- Die-cut the background with a Slimline Nested Rectangles die.
- Splatter liberally with White Gouache.
- Foam mount onto a card base cut and scored from Neenah Solar White Card.
- Stamp a greeting from the Slimeline Scene Builder Christmas set in clear embossing ink on Schoolhouse Red card and heat emboss with white embossing powder.
- Trim the sentiment to a skinny banner and adhere to the card base with foam adhesive.
- Embellish with a sprinkling of sequins kept in place by Gina K Connect Glue.
- Pair with a Schoolhouse Red Slimline Envelope.
I’m a big fan of white space, and this style of slimline card gives you so much to play with. Offsetting the stamped trees and sentiment leaves lots of white space. In this case, the white space isn’t totally white it has the subtle stamped snowy background, splatter and sequins but in comparison to the sentiment and trees, it gives the eye somewhere to rest as it moves around the elements.
Today’s STAMPtember release is from Lawn Fawn and it is Holiday dress-up time! There are so many options for these cute Lawn Fawn winter birds to stay cosy and warm. A reminder that these sets are limited edition and are proving to sell out fast. So please, if you want to add this set to your collection don’t hang about!
Here’s what has been happening for STAMPtember so far!
You can find links to the supplies I’ve used below; click on the picture or shop icon to get taken directly to the product. Where available I use compensated affiliate links which means if you make a purchase I receive a small commission at no extra cost to you. Thank you! Items marked with an asterisk (*) provided by a store or the manufacturer. You can read my affiliate and product disclosure here. I genuinely appreciate your support.
Summary of the project which gives all the views of the card in one photo :D I’d love if you pinned and called by on Pinterest :D