I have this thing where when I see a beautifully detailed botanical image I have to stamp it in black on kraft! I think the lack of colouring showcases the stunning detail. Also, I thought I’d mix things up a little with a shaped card which are always fun! I’ve linked all supplies with compensated affiliate links used where possible at no cost to you.
SIMON SAYS STAMP OCTOBER CARD KIT
Before I get into the details for this card, here’s the October Card Kit from Simon Says Stamp. Details of the kit are listed below including links to individual items from the kit.
- Simon Says Stamp Exclusive 6 x 8 inch clear stamp set Happy Fall Y’all
- Simon Says Stamp Exclusive 2 x 3 inch stamp set Loving You From Afar
- 12 sheets Simple Stories Cozy Days Double Sided 6 x 8 Paper
- 1 Package Pinkfresh Studio My Favorite Story Puffy Alpha Stickers
- 1 Package American Crafts Tiny Dog Stickers
- 1 Package American Crafts Tiny Cat Stickers
- Simon Says Stamp A2 White scored notecards (3 pack)
- Simon Says Stamp 8.5 x 11 inch Burnt Orange Cardstock
- Simon Says Stamp 8.5 x 11 inch Dark Chocolate Cardstock
- Simon Says Stamp 8.5 x 11 inch Cream Cardstock
- Neenah 110# 8.5 x 11 inch White Cardstock
- 1 Simon Says Stamp Metallic Gold A2 Envelope
- 1 Simon Says Stamp Burnt Orange A2 Envelope
The details in the centre of the sunflower are amazing – all those little seeds! The lack of colour shows all the detail, however, the pop of orange with the gold splatter also say autumn to me. Just the hint of colour is all it takes.
- Simon Says Stamp Sunflower Background
- Simon Says Stamp Clean Line Gratitude
- Simon Says Stamp Nested Oval Dies
STEP BY STEP HOW TO
- Stamp the Sunflower Background in Versafine Onyx Black ink on Neenah Desert Storm card.
- Splatter with gold paint, white gouache and perfect pearls.
- Die-cut with a Nested Oval die.
- Die-cut two larger ovals from Ivory card. Score one of the ovals an inch from the top and attach to the other oval to form a card base.
- Attach the sunflower panel with foam adhesive to the front.
- Stamp a greeting from the Clean Lines Gratitude set in clear embossing ink on Black card. Stamp a coordinating sentiment in Versafine Onyx Black on Ivory card.
- Trim the two sentiment pieces. Add a strip of Burnt Orange card to the black piece and trim the left side at an angle.
- Add the sentiment pieces to the card front with foam tape ensuring the larger piece overlaps the edge of the card slightly.
- Accent with Nuvo Golden Ovals.
Here’s what has been happening for STAMPtember so far! As you can see, these limited editions, exclusive collaboration releases are selling out fast. Sometimes in a matter of hours! So if you see something you like then I’d recommend you don’t hang about.
You can find links to the supplies I’ve used below; click on the picture or shop icon to get taken directly to the product. Where available I use compensated affiliate links which means if you make a purchase I receive a small commission at no extra cost to you. Thank you! Items marked with an asterisk (*) provided by a store or the manufacturer. You can read my affiliate and product disclosure here. I genuinely appreciate your support.
Summary of the project which gives all the views of the card in one photo :D I’d love if you pinned and called by on Pinterest :D
Such a Beautiful card!!! I love the kit!!
Lovely shaped card, Debby. Like how the “grateful” strip extends beyond the oval. tfs-stay well.
Such a great card