I couldn’t resist the beautiful wreath from the Honey Bee STAMPtember On My Mind set! Seriously gorgeous! There’s a lot of STAMPtember catch up to do, which I’ve detailed at the end of this post. I’ve linked all supplies with compensated affiliate links used where possible at no cost to you.
HONEY BEE STAMPTEMBER
Here’s a look at the Honey Bee On My Mind stamp set. The set is a large, 6×8 inches and so the wreath is a lovely size to paint and you get lots of sentiment options to go with it too.
PARTIAL HEAT EMBOSSING
I love no-line watercolouring, but there was no way I was going to be able to get a beautiful line for the wreath frame or the delicate foliage pieces either. So I chose to partially heat emboss the image instead – best of both worlds with the delicate gold lines of the heat embossing combined with the no-line watercoloured florals.
- Honey Bee On My Mind
- Watercolours – I chose to use Daniel Smith paints.
STEP BY STEP HOW TO
- Treat a piece of watercolour card with anti-static powder then ink the frame of the wreath and delicate foliage with clear embossing ink and stamp onto the card.
- Sprinkle with Antique Gold embossing powder and wipe away with a paint brush any powder on the parts you don’t want such as the larger leaves and flowers. Heat emboss the powder until it melts and gives a smooth finish.
- Lightly stamp the image again but this time in a water-reactive ink such as Antique Linen Distress Ink and concentrating on the flowers and leaves. Wipe any excess ink off the gold embossing.
- Watercolour. I chose to use Daniel Smith paints and concentrated my attention on the flowers, keeping the leaves relatively loose and less detailed.
- Splatter with left-over paint, white gouache and perfect pearls solution.
- Stamp the ‘hello’ greeting from the set in clear embossing ink and heat emboss with Antique Gold embossing powder.
- Stamp a coordinating sentiment in clear embossing ink on Smoke card and white heat emboss. Trim to a banner and add with foam adhesive.
- Trim the panel to fit on an A2 card base cut and scored from Smoke card and adhere with foam tape.
- Accent with sequins and pearls to finish.
Here’s what has been happening for STAMPtember so far! As you can see, these limited editions, exclusive collaboration releases are selling out fast. Sometimes in a matter of hours! So if you see something you like then I’d recommend you don’t hang about.
You can find links to the supplies I’ve used below; click on the picture or shop icon to get taken directly to the product. Where available I use compensated affiliate links which means if you make a purchase I receive a small commission at no extra cost to you. Thank you! Items marked with an asterisk (*) provided by a store or the manufacturer. You can read my affiliate and product disclosure here. I genuinely appreciate your support.
Summary of the project which gives all the views of the card in one photo :D I’d love if you pinned and called by on Pinterest :D
This is absolutely gorgeous!!! I always love your cards!❤️
This a lovely stamp set and your card is quite beautiful.
Thanking you so much.
Simply lovely, Debby. Especially like the colors you’ve selected. It’s a wonderful new set of stamps. tfs-stay well.
Wow!!! Another Stunning card!!! I love that the colors you used don’t make this just a Fall design!!!
Beautiful card. Thank you. Love the stamp set.