It’s Super Saturday over at Simon Says Stamp with TWO STAMPtember collaboration releases – Concord & 9th and Memory Box!. I was inspired by the beautiful Concord & 9th wreath and a card Kristina Werner made last year. I’ve linked all supplies with compensated affiliate links used where possible at no cost to you.
I loved the vignette effect from Kristina’s card of blending Dark Chocolate ink into Red cardstock. It adds great drama to an otherwise simple card and the wreath from the ‘Tis The Season set was the perfect image to pair with the technique.
- Concord & 9th ‘Tis The Season
- Simon Says Stamp Schoolhouse Red card
- Simon Says Stamp Antique Gold Embossing Powder
- Simon Says Stamp Dark Chocolate ink
STEP BY STEP HOW TO
- On a piece of Schoolhouse Red card, stamp the wreath from the Concord & 9th ‘Tis The Season set in clear embossing ink and heat emboss with Antique Gold embossing powder.
- Using a blending brush, gently blend Dark Chocolate ink for the edges in towards the wreath.
- Splatter with gold paint, white gouache and perfect pearls.
- Tear the bottom of the card to reveal the brighter red of the cardstock underneath the ink blending. Trim the panel to be just smaller than an A2 card base.
- Stamp and Antique Gold emboss the wreath again but this time on Neenah Desert Storm card. Stamp a greeting in clear embossing ink and white heat emboss.
- Trim the wooded sign and then blend a little Dark Chocolate ink around the edges. Add to the panel with foam adhesive.
- Add the panel with foam adhesive to a card base cut and scored from Ivory card.
- Embellish with Nuvo droplets and sequins.
Here’s what has been happening for STAMPtember so far! As you can see, these limited editions, exclusive collaboration releases are selling out fast. Sometimes in a matter of hours! So if you see something you like then I’d recommend you don’t hang about.
You can find links to the supplies I’ve used below; click on the picture or shop icon to get taken directly to the product. Where available I use compensated affiliate links which means if you make a purchase I receive a small commission at no extra cost to you. Thank you! Items marked with an asterisk (*) provided by a store or the manufacturer. You can read my affiliate and product disclosure here. I genuinely appreciate your support.
Summary of the project which gives all the views of the card in one photo :D I’d love if you pinned and called by on Pinterest :D