Crackling Campfire is the new Distress colour from Tim Holtz, and I had great fun playing around with a variety of new products within the line. There’s Distress Oxide ink, Distress Oxide Reinker, Distress Reinker and Distress Paint on this one card! I have to admit that almost all of those I used for the splatter but the main background was a blend of Crackling Campfire, Dried Marigold and Walnut Stain. I added a sentiment stamped on Speckled Egg Distress Oxide after seeing the lovely blue accents mixed with autumn colours in Dawn Woleslagle’s recent card. I’ve linked all supplies with compensated affiliate links used where possible at no cost to you.
Keeping with the autumn theme and Simon Says Stamp has just released a Limited Edition Halloween Card Kit! Being limited edition, these kits do not restock and equally are not part of their usual monthly kit subscription. Just a heads up, that the limited edition kits usually fly off the shelves.
1 exclusive Simon Says Stamp Happy Haunting 6×8 inch clear stamp set
1 exclusive Simon Says Stamp Random Dots and Stars 6×6 inch stencil
1 exclusive Simon Says Stamp Purrfect Pumpkin wafer thin die
12 sheets of single-sided LDRS Haunted Halloween 6×6 inch Patterned Papers
2 sheets of 6×6 inch Black Velvet Flock from ThermOWeb
1 strand of Tim Holtz Idea-ology Tiny Lights
1 package of Tim Holtz Idea-ology Mummy cloth
1 package of Buttons Galore and More Halloween Mix Sequins
1 Candy Corn treat baggie
2 Kraft handled small treat baggies
1 sheet of Simon Says Stamp exclusive Halloween sentiment strips
1 sheet of Simon Says Stamp Exclusive 8.5 x 11 inch cardstock in Black
1 sheet of Simon Says Stamp Exclusive 8.5 x 11 inch cardstock in Green Leaf
1 sheet of Simon Says Stamp Exclusive 8.5 x 11 inch cardstock in Orange Peel
1 sheet of Simon Says Stamp Exclusive 8.5 x 11 inch cardstock in Peacock Teal
1 Simon Says Stamp Exclusive Slimline Open End Envelope in Orange Peel
1 Simon Says Stamp Exclusive Envelope in Black
1 Simon Says Stamp Exclusive Envelope in White
- Simon Says Stamp Laugh In Flowers
- Distress Oxides – Crackling Campfire, Dried Marigold and Walnut Stain
STEP BY STEP HOW TO
- Using a blending brush, blend Dried Marigold Distress Oxide ink over two-thirds of a piece of Neenah Solar White card.
- Bring in Crackling Campfire Distress Oxide and blend through the middle of the card.
- Finally, bring in Walnut Stain at the bottom of the card. Keep blending backwards and forwards with the three colours until you have a smooth blend.
- Stamp the wildflower from the Laugh In Flowers set in Versafine Onyx Black ink.
- Splatter the piece with white paint, Crackling Campfire Distress Reinker, Crackling Campfire Distress Oxide Reinker and black paint.
- For a frosty autumn sparkle, restamp the image in Versafine Onyx Black ink and this time sprinkle with Judikins Iridescent Sparkle Embossing Powder and heat set.
- I still wanted more of a pop of Crackling Campfire colour and for this splatter with Crackling Campfire Distress paint.
- Blend Speckled Egg Distress Oxide over a piece of card, when dry stamp a greeting from the Laugh In Flowers set in clear embossing ink and white heat emboss.
- Stamp the Wood Planks background in clear embossing ink on Fog card and white heat emboss.
- Cut and score an A2 card base from Ivory card.
- Trim the wood background to be just smaller than the card base and attach with foam adhesive.
- Trim the blended ink panel and attach with more foam tape.
- Trim the sentiment and add over the wildflower with foam tape.
- Accent with sequins, pearls and enamel dots in a wave that follows the direction of the wildflower stem and creates a feeling of movement.
Here’s what has been happening for STAMPtember so far! As you can see, these limited editions, exclusive collaboration releases are selling out fast. Sometimes in a matter of hours! So if you see something you like, then I’d recommend you don’t hang about.
You can find links to the supplies I’ve used below; click on the picture or shop icon to get taken directly to the product. Where available I use compensated affiliate links which means if you make a purchase I receive a small commission at no extra cost to you. Thank you! Items marked with an asterisk (*) provided by a store or the manufacturer. You can read my affiliate and product disclosure here. I genuinely appreciate your support.
Summary of the project which gives all the views of the card in one photo :D I’d love if you pinned and called by on Pinterest :D