During this lockdown, I’ve enjoyed spending more time in my garden. I’m a keen gardener anyway and have always found it inspiring when watercolouring. However, during the current circumstances, the garden has provided benefits both mentally and physically and I am relishing each seed germinating, flower bud forming, fern fronds unfurling and the burst of colour as the flowers start to emerge. To celebrate all things floral, I picked out the So Beautiful set from Simon Says Stamp’s new Crafty Hugs release. I’ve linked all supplies with compensated affiliate links used where possible at no cost to you.
Here’s a closer look at the new Crafty Hugs release:
From florals to thanks for our heroes there’s something for everyone in this release.
- Simon Says Stamp So Beautiful
- Simon Says Stamp Reverse Sympathy Strips
- Watercolours – I used Mission Gold and Daniel Smith
STEP BY STEP HOW TO
- Stamp the So Beautiful set in a light, water-reactive ink such as Antique Linen on Arches Cold-Pressed watercolour card. Stamp off first, or dab off some of the ink to stamp the bearest of impressions to follow for a no-line look.
- Watercolour the flowers. Aim for a light hand – light layers are better than to intense colour from the get-go. I used a combination of Mission Gold and Daniel Smith watercolours.
- Accent the watercolour with coloured pencils and then splatter with white gouache and a solution of perfect pearls.
- Trim the watercoloured panel and foam mount to a Fog card base.
- Trim a sentiment from the Reverse Sympathy Strips and add with foam adhesive.
- Embellish with sequins, pearls and enamel dots.
This stamp set was a no-brainer for me, what could be better than beautiful floral stems to colour! There are no fancy tips for this one, just take your time and add light layers to block in the colours you want to use then go back in with more layers and deeper colour to bring it to life. I love the reverse sentiment strips which as the range increases has a sentiment for every occasion and so easy to trim out and add to your card.
Here’s another romantic meadow effect this time using Altenew’s Wildflower Garden set. This time I stamped with the paints to get this very loose watercolour look. You can find the original post here.
Thinking of the new Crafty Hugs release, I’m part of a blog hop on Saturday to celebrate the new release and here’s a sneaky peek of what I’ll be sharing using the Center Cut Hexagon Floral set – one of my favourites from the release!
You can find links to the supplies I’ve used below; click on the picture or shop icon to get taken directly to the product. Where available I use compensated affiliate links which means if you make a purchase I receive a small commission at no extra cost to you. Thank you! Items marked with an asterisk (*) provided by a store or the manufacturer. You can read my affiliate and product disclosure here. I genuinely appreciate your support.
Summary of the project which gives all the views of the card in one photo :D I’d love if you pinned and called by on Pinterest :D