Today we are celebrating a new release from Simon Says Stamp. The Sunny Days Ahead release indeed causes celebration. Any new release is always a fantastic event, but under the current situation particularly more so. Unfortunately, despite my parcel being sent on its way over a month ago, it hasn’t arrived as yet. I appreciate everyone in the postal system doing their best under challenging circumstances. So I’m sharing a card using the Be Kind previously released set. I’ve linked all supplies at the end of this post. Compensated affiliate links used where possible at no cost to you.
SIMON SAYS STAMP SUNNY DAYS AHEAD
Here’s a closer look at what is included in the new Sunny Days Ahead release.
Such a lot of fabulousness! I particularly appreciate the Outline Mum and Mum Word And Shadow dies. It is a strange world where many graduation ceremonies have been cancelled. However, this is even more reason to send graduation cards and there’s a lovely selection to choose from. I’m particularly intrigued to see the Hats Off Grad set with Quadruple Slider dies. Of course, I’ll be drawn to the florals of which there’s a few to choose from; Spring Flowers 4, Tulip Background and Stylized Tulips. I look forward to pairing them with the Mom Word Mix 2 set as well as the Mum dies already mentioned. Ok, for now, it’s back to the eucalyptus card.
SIMPLY DOES IT
- Simon Says Stamp Be Kind stamp set
- Simon Says Stamp Just Because stamp set
- Media – watercolours. I used Daniel Smith paints
STEP BY STEP HOW TO
- Ink the leaf sprig from the Be Kind set in Antique Linen Distress ink on Fabriano Artistico watercolour card. Wiping off some of the ink beforehand for the lightest impression
- Watercolour with Daniel Smith paints
- Use the matching Be Kind die to die cut the arrangement
- Stamp the ‘a little note’ sentiment circle from the Just Because set as part of the group of sentiments in Versamark ink on Ivory card and heat emboss with Antique Gold powder
- Die-cut the group of sentiments with the matching Word Mix 2 die
- Cut and score an A2 card base from Fog card
- Cut a piece of watercolour card to be just smaller than the A2 card base and foam mount to the base
- Foam mount the sentiment circle with one layer of foam and the watercoloured leaves with two layers of foam
- Accent with May Arts twine, Simon Says Stamp Lucky Shamrock sequins, Duck Egg Blue and Sea Breeze Nuvo Crystal Drops
Firstly, I wanted to thank you for weighing in on this new recipe style of post. The consensus was that this style is good and gets to the key points quickly, which people short of time appreciated. However, I know some people preferred the long hand posts as they could hear my voice as I wrote. Well, this section of my posts is for you. This is where I will have a little chat about things, what I found while making the card and also life in general!
So the takeaway for today has to be that this Be Kind stamp set is my desert island stamp set; you know the one set you’d take away with you if you were stranded on a desert island! If I were allowed one more stamp set, I’d take this Just Because set too as it has so many different sentiment options.
I wasn’t joking when I said this is my desert island stamp set! Here’s another example of watercolouring the eucalyptus from the set. You can find the original post here.
And here’s an example of incorporating watercolour in simple blocks and using the strong outline of one of the Be Kind leaf sprigs as an accent. You can find the original post here.
Also, I used the Be Kind set in this post …
… and even in this post!
You can find links to the supplies I’ve used below; click on the picture or shop icon to get taken directly to the product. Where available I use compensated affiliate links which means if you make a purchase I receive a small commission at no extra cost to you. Thank you! Items marked with an asterisk (*) provided by a store or the manufacturer. You can read my affiliate and product disclosure here. I genuinely appreciate your support.
Summary of the project which gives all the views of the card in one photo :D I’d love if you pinned and called by on Pinterest :D
Awesome Sunny Days Ahead Release! Awesome creations! I especially love your soft coloring!