Paper Rose are a new company to me, but I want to find out more about them now after seeing this gorgeous Poinsettia Border STAMPtember exclusive set! I’ve linked all supplies at the end of this post. Compensated affiliate links used where possible at no cost to you.
Watch below or in HD on YouTube.
PAPER ROSE STAMPTEMBER EXCLUSIVE
The Paper Rose STAMPtember exclusive has two options – the stamp set alone or a set with matching dies.
PENCIL COLOURING ON KRAFT
You all know how I love to watercolour, but I recently watercoloured a poinsettia for the Gina K STAMPtember exclusive set and so to mix it up a little, today I reached for my coloured pencils. I stamped the large image from the Poinsettia Border set in clear embossing ink on Strathmore Toned Gray paper and coloured with Faber Castell pencils. In the video, rather than showing lots of speeded-up footage, instead, I’ve kept in the real-time colouring of the key elements. I hope you enjoy seeing how slowly I colour!
I trimmed the piece and added it to a white card base along with some patterned paper. I then decided to brighten a few highlights with white gouache and a small paintbrush.
I added a coordinating sentiment from the Poinsettia Border set by stamping in clear embossing ink on Black card and white heat embossing. I trimmed the greeting to a skinny banner and added it to the card with Gina K Connect glue. Finally, I accented with Duck Egg Nuvo droplets.
- 01 September Simon Says Stamp new release
- 02 September STAMPtember Blog Party
- 03 September Colorado Crafts Exclusive
- 04 September Newton’s Nook Exclusive
- 05 September Gina K Exclusive stamp and set with matching dies – sold out
- 06 September Lawn Fawn Exclusive stamp and set with matching dies
- 07 September Picket Fence Exclusive
- 07 September Art Impressions Exclusive
- 08 September – gift card offer
- 09 September Reverse Confetti Exclusive stamp and set with matching dies – sold out
- 10 September PinkFresh Exclusive stamp and set with matching dies
- 11 September The Greeting Farm Exclusive stamp and set with matching dies
- 12 September Memory Box Exclusive stamp and set with matching dies
- 13 September Brutus Munroe Exclusive stamp and set with matching dies
- 14 September Simon Says Stamp October Card Kit
- 15 September Honey Bee Exclusive stamp and set with matching dies
- 16 September Mama Elephant Exclusive stamp and set with matching dies
- 17 September Limited Edition Halloween Card Kit
- 18 September Paper Rose Exclusive stamp and set with matching dies
You can find links to the supplies I’ve used below; click on the picture or shop icon to get taken directly to the product. Where available I use compensated affiliate links which means if you make a purchase I receive a small commission at no extra cost to you. Thank you! Items marked with an asterisk (*) were provided by a store or the manufacturer. You can read my affiliate and product disclosure here. I genuinely appreciate your support.
Summary of the project which gives all the views of the card in one photo :D I’d love if you pinned and called by on Pinterest :D
Love your videos. Thanks!
This came out WONDERFULLY, Debby! I didn’t even realize you could use the Embossing Ink for no-line coloring with pencils! THANK YOU for that tid-bit! ;) AND I DID NOTICE you were coloring as a Copic /Alcohol Marker Colorist would with your colors! I haven’t played with my colored pencils in awhile & will have to try them again soon using your tips! A SUPER JOB, Debby! ;)<3
Beautiful coloring as always resulting in a gorgeous card. No matter the color media you use, you take it to the next level and you share all your tips that help us improve our skills. I appreciate that and I have a tip to share(you may know this), but just saying….there are pencil extenders you can get for those short pencils. In fact, I have a short white pencil in one right now in my pencil case! :)
Using that short little white pencil in this video reminded me to order one! So useful and good to get every last bit of pencil used up and more comfortably so too :D
Awesome colouring Debby, I love to watch you colouring not matter what medium you use. Although I have to admit that the Polychromos has the preference but that because I own them myself and learn so much from you when you use them.
Thank you so much for sharing your beautiful work and have a great day.