Did you watch Tim Holtz Facebook Live where he revealed his STAMPtember Exclusive? I did and the next morning, even though I should’ve been doing other things I had to get inky! I’ve linked all supplies at the end of this post. Compensated affiliate links used where possible at no cost to you.
DISTRESS OXIDE SPRAY BACKGROUND
The images in this Tim Holtz STAMPtember set are so full of character, and I love them even though they are not my usual floral/nature style. However, I was blown away by the fantastic card examples sent in for Tim to share in his Facebook Live from other card makers. So this card is not of my design, it is a cauldron mix of inspiration from the cards I saw – the jaw-dropping backgrounds of Stacy Hutchison, the fabulous vignette and splatter of Jessica Frost-Ballas, the pop of orange and amazing colouring (as always) of Kathy Racoosin … I grabbed my Distress Oxide Sprays (Fossilized Amber and Walnut Stain) and let loose! I worked on my glass media mat and boy did I make a mess! Good job that mat is so easy to clean up. I sprayed the Distress Oxide sprays, spritzed and splattered with water, dried it with a heat gun, went back in with more layers. I had a right old inky time! I made a couple of backgrounds and liked this one best as it had lighter and darker areas for interest.
To add to the drama, I blended a little Black Soot Distress Oxide in from the edges and then splattered with water, mopped up some of the colour and then splattered with Perfect Pearls solution and white gouache. I stamped the crow from the Tim Holtz STAMPtember exclusive set onto the background in Versafine Onyx Black ink and then drew in a few tree branches with Lunar Black Daniel Smith watercolour. I stamped the crow again on Arches Hot Pressed watercolour card and trimmed out, glued over the top of the image I’d stamped on the background and then lightly added a little watercolour. I did try adding deeper shades, but then the crow blended into the background too much, so I kept just a light wash of orange, purple and blues for some Halloween interest.
The Tim Holtz STAMPtember Exclusive also comes with a stencil, a lovely swirling star stencil. I laid the stencil over the background and rubbed Black Soot Distress Oxide through using a Picket Fence Blending Brush. I stamped the matching punny sentiment on a scrap of watercolour card and muddied it up slightly before adhering to the front of the card. I added the panel to a Black card base and finished off with a trio of Sugared Almond Nuvo droplets.
Here’s my summary of what has been going on this month. All the fun is far from over yet as there are more releases to come each day! Released today for STAMPtember is this fabulous multi-layered set from Kitchen Sink!
- 01 September Simon Says Stamp new release
- 02 September STAMPtember Blog Party
- 03 September Colorado Crafts Exclusive
- 04 September Newton’s Nook Exclusive – sold out
- 05 September Gina K Exclusive stamp and set with matching dies – sold out
- 06 September Lawn Fawn Exclusive stamp and set with matching dies – sold out
- 07 September Picket Fence Exclusive
- 07 September Art Impressions Exclusive – sold out
- 08 September – gift card offer
- 09 September Reverse Confetti Exclusive stamp and set with matching dies – sold out
- 10 September PinkFresh Exclusive stamp and set with matching dies
- 11 September The Greeting Farm Exclusive stamp and set with matching dies
- 12 September Memory Box Exclusive stamp and set with matching dies – sold out
- 13 September Brutus Munroe Exclusive stamp and set with matching dies – sold out
- 14 September Simon Says Stamp October Card Kit
- 15 September Honey Bee Exclusive stamp and set with matching dies
- 16 September Mama Elephant Exclusive stamp and set with matching dies – sold out
- 17 September Limited Edition Halloween Card Kit
- 18 September Paper Rose Exclusive stamp and set with matching dies – sold out
- 19 September Concord & 9th Exclusive – sold out
- 20 September The Stamp Market Exclusive stamp and set with matching dies – sold out
- 21 September Clearly Besotted Exclusive stamp and set with matching dies
- 21 September Heffy Doodle Exclusive stamp and set with matching dies
- 21 September Neat & Tangled Exclusive
- 22 September Studio Katia Exclusive stamp and set with matching dies
- 23 September SugarPea Designs Exclusive stamp and set with matching dies
- 24 September Altenew Exclusive
- 24 September Tim Holtz Exclusive
- 25 September Hero Arts Exclusive
- 26 September Kitchen Sink Exclusive
You can find links to the supplies I’ve used below; click on the picture or shop icon to get taken directly to the product. Where available I use compensated affiliate links which means if you make a purchase I receive a small commission at no extra cost to you. Thank you! Items marked with an asterisk (*) were provided by a store or the manufacturer. You can read my affiliate and product disclosure here. I genuinely appreciate your support.
Summary of the project which gives all the views of the card in one photo :D I’d love if you pinned and called by on Pinterest :D