I love a good card kit! The monthly kits from Simon Says Stamp are always fun and great value. However, the content is really ramped up in their Limited Edition kits. Keep an eye on this page for new kits – there are a couple of monthly card kits available currently and a hint at things to come ;) Today sees the release of the hugely popular Halloween Limited Edition Card Kit and this one usually sells out quickly, so if you fancy this kit I wouldn’t hang around! I’ve linked all supplies at the end of this post. Compensated affiliate links used where possible at no cost to you.
Here’s a closer look at what is included in the Limited Edition Halloween Card Kit:
- Simon Says Stamp Spook Up Some Stamp Set
- Brutus Monroe GLOW IN THE DARK Glitter Glaze
- Palette Knife
- Carta Bella Happy Halloween 6×6 Patterned Paper
- Carta Bella Happy Halloween Ephemera
- Tim Holtz Creepy Eyes
- Simon Says Stamp Skeleton Faces 3×3 stencil
- Simon Says Stamp Batty 3×3 stencil
- Simon Says Stamp Creepy Ghost Frame 3×3 Stencil
- Ranger Mini Multi-Medium Matte
- Clear Bags Kraft Back Zipper Pouch
- Darice Black Jute x 1 yard per kit
- Tim Holtz Idea-ology HALLOWEEN Typed Tokens
- Darice Paper Bags
- i sheet Tim Holtz Idea-ology Metallic Jewels Kraft Card in Black
- Simon Says Stamp Ivory Cardstock
- Simon Says Stamp Black Cardstock
- Simon Says Stamp Burnt Orange Cardstock
- Simon Says Stamp SSS Slate Cardstock
- 1 Simon Says Stamp Metallic Black Envelope
- 1 Simon Says Stamp Burnt Orange Envelope
- 1 Simon Says Stamp Ivory Envelope
NO STAMPING, DIE CUTTING OR COLOURING!
Today’s card might take you a little by surprise! There’s no stamping, die-cutting, watercolouring or colouring in any way on this card. I love making cards like this from card kits, where you get lots of new supplies and things come together easily by compiling a few of the kit elements.
I started by taking a piece of Carta Bella Happy Halloween paper and rubbing a little Black Soot Distress Oxide ink around the edges with a Picket Fence Blending Brush. I also roughed up the edges a little by scraping the blade of a pair of scissors along the edge. I then took the Batty stencil and rubbed Black Soot through to leave a subtle bat pattern on the panel. I then collected a few of the Carta Bella Happy Halloween Ephemera pieces. I chose a colour scheme of neutrals with a pop of that delicious orange. I rubbed Black Soot and/or Fired Brick around the edges of each piece and then created a collage of the elements over the panel. I added some of the elements with Ranger Multi Medium Matte and some with foam adhesive at different levels to give interest.
I strung the ‘Scary’ Tim Holtz Typed Token with twine and wrapped it around the back of the panel. I added foam adhesive and then adhered the panel to a card base cut and scored from Ivory card and again I rubbed Black Soot Distress Oxide ink around the edges. I paired the card with a Burnt Orange envelope from the kit. I rubbed around the edges with Black Soot ink and also used this ink with the Batty Stencil. I applied the ink heavily through the stencil once then shifted it slightly and inked up again but with a lighter hand and I love how this gave the impression of bats at different distances away.
OK, that’s me for today, but please keep calling by as the STAMPtember fun continues. I have two videos planned in for this week already and I’ll see if I can fit any more in on top of that.
- 01 September Simon Says Stamp new release
- 02 September STAMPtember Blog Party
- 03 September Colorado Crafts Exclusive
- 04 September Newton’s Nook Exclusive
- 05 September Gina K Exclusive stamp and set with matching dies – sold out
- 06 September Lawn Fawn Exclusive stamp and set with matching dies
- 07 September Picket Fence Exclusive
- 07 September Art Impressions Exclusive
- 08 September – gift card offer
- 09 September Reverse Confetti Exclusive stamp and set with matching dies – sold out
- 10 September PinkFresh Exclusive stamp and set with matching dies
- 11 September The Greeting Farm Exclusive stamp and set with matching dies
- 12 September Memory Box Exclusive stamp and set with matching dies
- 13 September Brutus Munroe Exclusive stamp and set with matching dies
- 14 September Simon Says Stamp October Card Kit
- 15 September Honey Bee Exclusive stamp and set with matching dies
- 16 September Mama Elephant Exclusive stamp and set with matching dies
- 17 September Limited Edition Halloween Card Kit
You can find links to the supplies I’ve used below; click on the picture or shop icon to get taken directly to the product. Where available I use compensated affiliate links which means if you make a purchase I receive a small commission at no extra cost to you. Thank you! Items marked with an asterisk (*) were provided by a store or the manufacturer. You can read my affiliate and product disclosure here. I genuinely appreciate your support.
Summary of the project which gives all the views of the card in one photo :D I’d love if you pinned and called by on Pinterest :D