The 14th of the month means it is time for the latest card kit from Simon Says Stamp and the May kit is filled with great products for techniques as well as a stunning stamp set! I’ve linked all supplies at the end of this post. Compensated affiliate links used where possible at no cost to you.
- *NEW* Simon Says Stamp Delicate Flowers 6 x 8″ clear stamp set
- 12 double-sided sheets of ModaScrap Let Your Soul Bloom 6 x 6″ paper
- 1 bottle of Tim Holtz Ranger Alcohol Pearls Ink Sublime
- 1 bottle of Tim Holtz Ranger Alcohol Pearls Ink Intrigue
- 1 bottle of Tim Holtz Ranger Alcohol Pearls Ink Tranquil
- 1 bottle of Tim Holtz Ranger Alcohol Blending Solution
- 1 roll of Carta Bella Flower Bouquet Washi Tape
- 2 sheets of 4 x 7″ Yupo Paper
- 2 sheets of Tim Holtz Alcohol Ink Cardstock Silver sparkle
- 1 Simon Says Stamp Metallic Green Leaf Envelope
- 1 Simon Says Stamp Metallic Cotton Candy Envelope
- 1 Simon Says Stamp White Envelope
- 1 sheet of Simon Says Stamp Green Leaf Cardstock
- 1 sheet of Simon Says Stamp Cotton Candy Cardstock
- 1 sheet of Simon Says Stamp White 120lb Cardstock
ALCOHOL PEARLS BACKGROUND
Yes, you read that right, the May Card Kit contains three of the new Alcohol Pearls Ink from Tim Holtz as well as a bottle of Blending Solution. I took one of the pieces of Yupo paper included in the kit, cut it in half and had great fun with the alcohol inks! I squirted some of the Blending Solution onto the Yupo paper first (it gives a base for soft colour blends) and then added drops of Tranquil and Sublime Alcohol Pearls Inks. I kept alternating between the inks and the blending solution until I had a fun background.
I debated whether to stamp images from the beautiful Delicate Flowers set directly onto the background but felt the fine lines of the images might get lost on the busy background. So I stamped the images on vellum with clear embossing ink, white heat embossed and then trimmed around them. Having the images on vellum helps them to stand out more from the background.
I added small pieces of foam tape behind the embossed lines and then adhered the vellum flowers and leaves over the alcohol pearls background.
For the sentiment, I stamped a greeting from the Delicate Flowers set in clear embossing ink on Island Blue card and white heat embossed, trimmed to a banner and added over the vellum flowers with foam tape.
This card turned out to be a bright, happy mix of spring-like greens and blues and the vibrant hues make a nice change from my usual more muted palette. Don’t get me wrong though; I still have an intense craving to stamp out some of the Delicate Flowers and softly watercolour them!
Many of the card kits sell out fast, so if you would like to guarantee a kit each month, then you can sign up for a subscription at the reduced cost of $29.99 per month (plus P&P).
You can find links to the supplies I’ve used below; click on the picture or shop icon to get taken directly to the product. Where available I use compensated affiliate links which means if you make a purchase I receive a small commission at no extra cost to you. Thank you! Items marked with an asterisk (*) were provided by a store or the manufacturer. You can read my affiliate and product disclosure here. I genuinely appreciate your support.
Summary of the project which gives all the views of the card in one photo :D I’d love if you pinned and called by on Pinterest :D