It’s the 14th of the month which means it is time to check out the latest July Card Kit from Simon Says Stamp and this month the kit is packed with summer goodness! I’ve linked all supplies at the end of this post. Compensated affiliate links used.
Large, summer icon filled One Cool Pineapple stamp set, coordinating die, cute stickers galore, fun patterned papers … yep, summer in a box if you ask me! So let’s have a quick look at what is included in the kit this month and don’t forget that these items are available individually if you want to pick and choose and put your own kit together.
- Simon Says Stamp One Cool Pineapple stamp set
- Simon Says Stamp Flamingo die
- 12 double-sided sheets of Carta Bella Summer Splash 6×6 paper
- American Crafts Amy Tangerine Sunshine and Good Times sticker book
- American Crafts Amy Tangerine Sunshine and Good Times mini icons puffy stickers
- Simon Says Stamp Summer Gold sequins
- 1 sheet 4×6 Sizzix White Foam Adhesive
- 3 pack of Simon Says Stamp White 120lb scored cards
- 1 Simon Says Stamp Doll Pink envelope
- 1 6×6 Simon Says Stamp Pink Glitter Paper
- 1 Simon Says Stamp Doll Pink card
- 1 Simon Says Stamp Island Blue card
- 1 Simon Says Stamp Bright Yellow card
- 1 Simon Says Stamp Green Leaf card
I was drawn to the pineapple in the One Cool Pineapple stamp set. I love the look of messy watercolouring, but sometimes I struggle to let go of my neat tendencies. However, I thought the pineapple image would look fun with this style of watercolouring when stamped in a repeat pattern.
I used a hot pressed watercolour card as the smooth texture ensured a clean impression. I stamped the pineapple in Versafine Onyx Black ink in a repeat pattern, turning the image 180 degrees for movement. On one card front I stamped three in a row and on a second card front, I stamped two rows of three.
I loosely watercoloured the pineapples and tried really hard not to fuss with the paint too much. I concentrated on washes of colour, hard edges and painting outside the lines in areas. I then went around the stamped images with a couple of layers of blue for the background. I then liberally splattered with a solution of Perfect Pearls.
I stamped a coordinating sentiment from the One Cool Pineapple set below the line of three pineapples, and for the other card front, I stamped the sentiment on another piece of a hot pressed card and trimmed out before foam mounting on the card front.
Many of the card kits sell out fast, so if you would like to guarantee a kit each month, then you can sign up for a subscription at the reduced cost of $29.99 per month (plus P&P).
You can find links to the supplies I’ve used below; click on the picture or shop icon to get taken directly to the product. Where available I use compensated affiliate links which means if you make a purchase I receive a small commission at no extra cost to you. You can read my affiliate and product disclosure here. I genuinely appreciate your support.
Summary of the project which gives all the views of the card in one photo :D I’d love if you pinned and called by on Pinterest :D