Spring is certainly in the air with this month’s Card Kit from Simon Says Stamp! The March 2018 Card Kit can be bought directly for $34.99 per month or you can get a subscription at the reduced cost of $29.99 per month (plus P&P). I’ve linked all supplies at the end of this post. Compensated affiliate links used.
Let’s have a quick look at what is included in this month’s kit – many of the items are available individually.
- Simon Says Stamp March 2018 Card Kit
- Simon Says Stamp Choose Joy Stamp Set
- Simon Says Stamp Showers And Flowers Stamp Set
- Simon Says Stamp Hollyhock Mini Hybrid Ink Cube
- Simon Says Stamp Wisteria Mini Hybrid Ink Cube
- Darice White Pom-poms
- 12 Double-sided Sheets of Carta Bella Spring market 6×6 paper pack
- 2 Carta Bella Spring Market Sticker Sheets
- 3 pack of Simon Says Stamp Pre-folded Cards In Cream
- 1 Tonic Glitter Gloss Aqua Shimmer Pen
- 1 Simon Says Stamp Metallic Lavender Envelope
- 1 Simon Says Stamp Khaki Woodgrain Envelope
- 1 Simon Says Stamp Metallic Cotton Candy Envelope
- 1 Neenah Solar White 110lb Card
- 1 Neenah Desert Storm 100lb Card
- 1 Simon Says Stamp Cotton Candy Card
- 1 Simon Says Stamp Green Apple Card
- 1 Simon Says Stamp Green Leaf Card
SPRING WELLY BOOTS
I must admit this months kit ticks all my boxes! With its beautiful soft illustrations in the patterned papers, two stamp sets to choose from as well as lots of other supplies too, but it was the combination of the Carta Bella illustrations and the Choose Joy stamp set which had me reaching for my watercolours. I took inspiration from the patterned papers to stamp the spring welly boots in a grid with Antique Linen Distress Ink on Arches Cold Pressed watercolour card. To make life easier for myself, I masked the polka dots on the welly boots with Winsor & Newton masking fluid and then when dry I watercoloured the boots in line with the colours of the patterned paper – Coral (Quinacridone Coral), Yellow (Quinacridone Gold), Green (Sap Green) and Pink (more dilute Quinacridone Coral).
For the flowers, I brought in some Hansa Yellow Light for a brighter yellow, Undersea Green leaves for a different tone to the green welly boots and a mix Blue Apatite Genuine and Rose Of Ultramarine for the purple flowers. When the watercolour was dry, I removed the masking fluid with an adhesive eraser and then added droplets of white gouache to really make the polka dots pop.
I die cut the watercoloured piece with a Wonky Rectangle and mounted it on a panel of Desert Storm card stamped in clear embossing ink with the gingham image from the Choose Joy set. This panel was in turn mounted on one of the Cream card blanks included in the kit. For the sentiment, I stamped a greeting from the Showers & Flowers set in clear embossing ink on Slate card and white heat embossed before trimming to a skinny banner and adding to the lower right welly boot with foam adhesive. As a final touch, I used a trio of Sweet Shop sequins to accent the focal point.
Many of the card kits sell out fast, so if you would like to guarantee a kit each month, then you can sign up for a subscription at the reduced cost of $29.99 per month (plus P&P).
You can find links to the supplies I’ve used below; click on the picture or shop icon to get taken directly to the product. Where available I use compensated affiliate links which means if you make a purchase I receive a small commission at no extra cost to you. You can read my affiliate and product disclosure here. I genuinely appreciate your support.
Summary of the project which gives all the views of the card in one photo :D I’d love if you pinned and called by on Pinterest :D