Today it is the turn of Wplus9 and their STAMPtember collaboration with their Humble And Kind set. I’ve a list of all the STAMPtember new releases towards the bottom of this post if you want to track what’s been happening through the month. I’ve linked all supplies at the end of this post. Compensated affiliate links used.
What a beautiful floral set the Humble & Kind set is! I’m in full on winter mode it appears, so I thought I’d watercolour winter flowers by deepening my colour scheme and adding in glittery snowflakes.
I stamped the group floral line image from the Humble & Kind set in clear embossing ink on hot pressed watercolour paper and white heat embossed. I then pulled out my Daniel Smith watercolours. If you are not sure if you will like these paints, Simon sells a sampler sheet, which contains a small dot of each of my most favourite colours so that you can try the paints at a reasonable price point.
I started by watercolouring a deep background of Blue Apatite Genuine and then sprinkling with salt crystals and leaving it to dry. The salt crystals pool the watercolour around them creating puddles of rich colour and the salt also absorbs some of the colour leaving a highlight area where the crystals touch the paper – such an interesting texture.
After the background was dry, I painted the flower with a dilute Quinacridone Coral mix to give a lovely light pink and combined that with Hansa Yellow Light for the flower centre then, when dry, I accented the painting with coloured pencils.
The leaves are mainly Undersea Green with touches of yellow and blue for variation. For the sentiment, I pressed embossing ink onto a scrap of card and embossed it with Antique Gold embossing powder several times before die cutting with the Winter die. I also ran the heat tool over it after die cutting to give a nice smooth finish.
I mounted the Winter die cut over the watercolour with foam adhesive and paired it with a ‘WISHES’ sentiment from Advent Sentiments. To create the winter scene, I die cut several snowflakes from Ivory card using the Kate, and Snow Flurries dies, rubbed Multi Medium Matte over them and dunked them in my favourite Rock Candy Distress Glitter. As a final touch, I accented the card with Sparkling Clear sequins and then foam mounted the panel on an Ivory card base.
The above list should automatically populate as I add more throughout the month.
- 01 September – STAMPtember release + blog hop day 1
- 02 September – blog hop day 2
- 03 September – free birthday gift
- 04 September – Lawn Fawn Christmas Like No Otter stamps and die set, individual stamps and individual dies
- 05 September – Sugar Pea Designs Koalaty Time stamps and die set, individual stamps and individual dies
- 06 September – Altenew Fabulous You stamps and die set, individual stamps and individual dies
- 07 September – Gina K Designs Warmer With You stamps and dies set, individual stamps and individual dies
- 08 September – Reverse Confetti Celebrate Your Day stamp set
- 09 September – Neat & Tangled Hello Pumpkin stamps and dies set, individual stamps and individual dies
- 10 September – Concord & 9th Oh Hello stamp set
- 11 September – Tim Holtz STAMPtember 2017 stamp and stencil set
- 12 September – Newton’s Nook Designs Loads Of Thanks stamps and dies set, individual stamps and individual dies
- 13 September – Mama Elephant Rain Or Shine stamps and dies set, individual stamps and individual dies
- 14 September – Simon Says Stamp October Card Kit
- 15 September – Clearly Besotted My Best Friend stamp set
- 16 September – Pretty Pink Posh Damask Greetings stamp set
- 17 September – Limited Edition SSS Halloween Card Kit
- 18 September – Wplus9 Humble & Kind stamp and dies set, individual stamps and individual dies
You can find links to the supplies I’ve used below; click on the picture or shop icon to get taken directly to the product. Where available I use compensated affiliate links which means if you make a purchase I receive a small commission at no extra cost to you. You can read my affiliate and product disclosure here. I truly appreciate your support.
Summary of the project which gives all the views of the card in one photo :D I’d love if you pinned and called by on Pinterest :D