What a wonderful Card Kit this month from Simon Says Stamp! The “A Colorful Crafty Life” kit can be bought directly for $34.99 per month or you can get a subscription at the reduced cost of $29.99 per month (plus P&P). I’ve linked all supplies at the end of this post. Compensated affiliate links used.
Let’s have a quick look at what is included in this month’s kit – many of the items are available individually.
- Simon Says Stamp February 2018 Card Kit
- Simon Says Stamp Crafty Friend Stamp Set
- Simon Says Stamp Craft Tacky Glue
- 1 Water Brush Pen
- 12 double-sided sheets of Echo Park’s “I’d Rather Be Crafting” 6×6 paper pad
- 5 Prima Crafty Wood Flourish Embellishment Pieces
- Plus “Twiggy” Curved Blade Scissors
- Studio Katia “Cupid’s Kiss” Crystals
- Sizzix Tim Holtz Matrix Texture Fade Embossing Folder
- Sizzix Tim Holtz Gridlock Texture Fade Embossing Folder
- 1 Simon Says Stamp Metallic Bronze Envelope
- 1 Simon Says Stampe Metallic Orange Peel Envelope
- 1 Simon Says Stamp Mint Envelope
- 1 Simon Says Stamp Slate Card
- 1 Simon Says Stamp Banana Card
- 1 Simon Says Stamp Burnt Orange Card
- 1 Simon Says Stamp Audrey Blue Card
- 1 Simon Says Stampe 120lb White Card
- 1 Daniel Smith Watercolour Sample Pallet with 6 colours
Minnesota Pipestone Genuine
Brown Iron Oxide
On to the card, I made and I chose to use the fun Crafty Friend stamp set. I did, however, take inspiration from one of the layouts and colours of the Echo Park patterned paper. The paper I referenced used a grid style repeating design of the craft supplies and so I picked out 8 of the icons from the Crafty Friend set and with the aid of my Misti stamped them in Spring Rain, Sunshine, Smoke, Watermelon, Green Leaf and Pink Diamond inks.
I added a few sentiments dotted throughout the design and stamped in Versafine Onyx Black ink. I highlighted one of the sentiments by stamping it in clear embossing ink on Black card and white heat embossing before trimming out and foam mounting over the stamped panel. I then added the finished panel to a Slate card base.
I really liked the large “Handcrafted Hello” sentiment in the Crafty Friend set and so combined that stamped in Versafine Onyx Black ink with the trio of pencil, pen and brush stamped in Pink Diamond, Sunshine and Spring Rain. Again I mounted this ultra simple card on a Slate card base.
Many of the card kits sell out fast, so if you would like to guarantee a kit each month, then you can sign up for a subscription at the reduced cost of $29.99 per month (plus P&P).
You can find links to the supplies I’ve used below; click on the picture or shop icon to get taken directly to the product. Where available I use compensated affiliate links which means if you make a purchase I receive a small commission at no extra cost to you. You can read my affiliate and product disclosure here. I genuinely appreciate your support.
Summary of the project which gives all the views of the card in one photo :D I’d love if you pinned and called by on Pinterest :D