I’ve got a little surprise for you today – Simon Says Stamp have a new Limited Edition Card Kit! Called Hopping Along the kit is filled with Easter/Spring goodness. These kits sell out fast so if you want one I’d order quickly. Having said that many of the supplies are available separately. I’ve linked all supplies at the end of this post. Compensated affiliate links used.
HOPPING ALONG LIMITED EDITION CARD KIT
The Simon Says Stamp Hopping Along Limited Edition Card Kit is available now. Please note, this is a special edition kit which isn’t included in the monthly kit subscription. Lets have a quick look at what is included this month. You can purchase the kit as a one-off for $49.99 (plus P&P) or where available I’ve listed below the supplies which you can purchase individually too. Hopefully the different buying choices give a good option for everyone :D
- NEW Simon Says Stamp Hopping Along Limited Edition Card Kit
- NEW Simon Says Stamp Easter Greetings stamp set
- NEW Simon Says Stamp Mod Flower Background stamp
- NEW Simon Says Stamp Orange Slush Ink
- NEW Simon Says Stamp Train Track Slider Die
- Doodlebug Easter Express 6×6 Papers
- Simon Says Stamp Yellow Sequin Pack
- 1 sheet Doodlebug Express Stickers
- 1 Doodlebug Express Doodlepop (great for slider cards)
- 1 copper penny (great for slider cards)
- Foam pop up adhesive (great for slider cards)
- Doodlebug Bunnies Sprinkle Shapes
- 4 Simon Says Stamp Envelopes: White, Lemon Chiffon, Metallic Khaki, Metallic Sea Glass
- Simon Says Stamp Glimmery Card – White Diamond, Ocean Blue
- Simon Says Stamp card – NEW Banana, Sea Glass, Mint
I’m thinking it’s no surprise that I wanted to pull out my watercolors for the lovely Mod Flower Background stamp. On Arches watercolor card I stamped the image in Clear Embossing Ink and white heat embossed. I was inspired by a book I’d just bought to try some different color combinations. A friend recommended the Print & Pattern: Nature book as it’s filled with inspiring patterns based on leaves, flowers, birds, butterflies etc. I ordered it straight away and spent an evening book marking patterns and colours that inspired me. It’s great for card making inspiration filled with lots of lovely ideas and I’m thinking now I may get other books from the series too. Based on this I used a colour combination of light pink, red, teal, Chartreuse and yellow ochre and watercoloured the background. After which I splattered it with a solution of Perfect Pearls and then when dry die cut it with a Stitched Rectangle.
I kept the embellishments simple by die cutting a Schoolhouse Red Big Hello die and then partially stamping a sentiment from Easter Greetings in Willow ink on Ivory card. I trimmed out the sentiment and then foam mounted all the elements on an Ivory card base.
You can find links to the supplies I’ve used below; click on the picture or wording to get taken directly to the product. Where available I use compensated affiliate links which means if you make a purchase I receive a small commission at no extra cost to you. You can read my affiliate and product disclosure here. I truly appreciate your support.
Summary of the project which gives all the views of the card in one photo :D I’d love if you pinned and called by on Pinterest :D