The new release has a great summery selection of stamps, dies and new ink colours. Here take a look:
My favourite I think has got to be those new inks. This is the second instalment of inks that myself, Shari Carroll and Laura Bassen picked out. The first instalment last month was a huge hit and I hope you like these new colours as much as I do! Check out the ink comparison swatch below for a look at how the new colours compare with current ones.
Lets have another look at the card I made with some of the new supplies.
I started off with one of the Border Waves dies and knew I really wanted to blend in Lake Shores ink, cover with Multi Medium Matte and then dunk it in my big tub of Distress glitter. Love doing that as it really adds such a sugary, look to die cuts.
I added the waves to Fog card partially die cut with a Stitched Rectangle die and then layered the sun from Hello Sunshine Frame inked in Duckling and the Beach die cut from Summer Greetings inked in Teeny Bikini.
So back to these new inks. Here’s my swatch chart with the new inks highlighted with a sticky dot:
First off Twirling Tutu, Teeny Bikini and Hot Mama don’t you just love the names LOL.
- So starting with Twirling Tutu, a cooler pink than the warm tones of Rosie Cheeks or the fleshy colour of Pale Blush Pink.
- The closest colour to Lake Shores is Spring Rain but a slightly more muted, mid-tone colour.
- Willow is closest to Green Apple but a deeper shade.
- We currently haven’t got a colour like Thistle – Lavender is the closest but nothing alike really; Thistle is more of a pink/grey/lilac.
- Oh Apricot, how I love Apricot! Apricot tones beautifully with Sunkist.
- The closest to Stone is Fossil but it is slightly deeper and greyer.
- Mint Candy is the perfect accompaniment to Mint.
- Steel Blue is closest to Caribbean Blue but it’s lighter and a little more Lilac tones in there.
- Teeny Bikini – love, love, love and works great with Rosie Cheeks.
- The closest to High Dive is Scuba but it is more of a teal colour.
- This photo doesn’t show the differences between Fern and Lucky – Lucky is more of a Kelly Green than Fern.
- Hot Mama is another like nothing else we currently have. It’s not a pink and yet it’s not a purple either but it sure is hot!!
I hope you love the new Splash of Color release as much as I do and that the look at the new inks has helped you determine if any of them need to come and live with you. You can check out the full release and all the details for the Splash of Colour release here.
You can find links to the supplies I’ve used below; click on the picture or wording to get taken directly to the product. Where available I use affiliate links which means if you make a purchase I receive a small commission at no extra cost to you. I truly appreciate your support.